Iberostar Punta Cana / Ocean Blue Golf & Beach

Joe Gal

Mar 12, 2008
My travel agent offerd me these two places for the same costs. I am going in late May. Can anyone help choose which one I should go to?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I'm sure you will get some helpful information here, but i would also check out trip advisor!

presidente83

Jan 31, 2008
Hi,

i stayed at the the Ocean Blue in 2006 for 2 Weeks. I loved the hotel and made a lot of pictures...

But if you go there i would take an upgrade to an elite club junior suite deluxe.

On my site you can find a lot of pictures...

Dominican Republic

If you have an questions, i will help you...

greets from germany

steve

Tache

Feb 17, 2003
I've stayed at both. Ocean Blue/Sand in 2007 and IB Punta Cana in 2003. Either of them would be a great choice, but I would tend towards Ocean Blue/Sand.

The only thing I liked better about IB was that the landscaping is more mature and gives a more lush feel. OB/S has far more choices of restaurants and bars and offers more selection in premium/international brands of liquor. Mikes coffee shop (somewhat like a Starbucks) at OB/S is worth going for. Also, unless they've changed it in the last year, you don't have to fuss around with reservations for the restaurants. Personally, when I'm on holiday I don't want any deadlines (get enough of those at work). I prefer to go down to eat when I feel like it, and not have to rush to get ready, or wait around for my reservation time when I feel like eating now.

A downside at OBS is the timeshare vendors. They can be annoying, but I found after the first couple of days of saying "no gracias", they tended to recognize us and didn't bother asking any more.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to ask.