Cost of Wireless Internet Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabarete Jay

Mar 7, 2008
Can anyone provide me with information on companies that offer wireless internet service in Cabarete. I have just purchased a new laptop computer and need to know who is a good and dependable company to go with. Also, what should I expect to pay for this service per month?

Thanks for any help.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Can anyone provide me with information on companies that offer wireless internet service in Cabarete. I have just purchased a new laptop computer and need to know who is a good and dependable company to go with. Also, what should I expect to pay for this service per month?

Thanks for any help.
Do you mean G3 or Wifi?
  • G3: Centennial has it and I heard Orange has or would soon have it (but haven't seen any yet). I had Centennial shortly a year ago and found it to be too slow (like dial-up). They said they were fixing it but well, this is a far to common excuse around here. I can't state as to how well it is now.
  • Wifi: You will find that a lot of bars and also rentals around Cabarete will offer "free" Wifi access. Most dominantly Codetel (previously "Verizon") and then Tricom offer broadband Internet which may be run using a Wifi (wire less) router.

Related web sites:

www.centennialrd.com - Te da mas
Orange ™
Codetel :: Comunicaci?n sin L?mites
Tricom

... J-D.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

Thanks for any help.
Assuming that you are right in the village, one would think that the 995 pesos/month deal from Claro/Codetel that gives you a telephone line and 256 DSL (plus taxes, of course, approx 28%) would be the way to go.
Then if you want mobility rather than being hooked up by an ethernet wire, you could buy yourself an average wifi router for 50 bux.

Status
Not open for further replies.