Bonao - Aquarius Hotel - Driving Directions

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Can someone provide me with driving directions to the Aquarius Hotel in Bonao from the Bonao exit on the Autopista Duarte? After much research it seems this is the only hotel in Bonao.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Since Bonao is like 30 minutes from Santiago and 15 from La Vega, why bother??

Seems to me that unless there is a really powerful reason for you to spend a night in Bonao, it would make more sense to either stay in Santo Domingo, or La Vega or Santiago, and be comfortable..

And I like Bonao, I just do not think that a hotel there would be all that cool...

HB

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Seems to me that unless there is a really powerful reason for you to spend a night in Bonao, it would make more sense to either stay in Santo Domingo, or La Vega or Santiago, and be comfortable
HB

There is a powerful reason to stay in Bonao. ;)

Aquarius is a nice hotel but over priced you are much better off staying at Jaracaranda hotel for about 1500 pesos per day or 1800-2000 for a suite with balcony. It is located on the auto pista in Jaracaranda rest stop.

From the website Aquarius is pricey. I had to pay 1100 pesos for 10 hours at a cabana but had to live out of my suitcase as a 24hr rental is quite expensive.

How far of a drive would the Jaracaranda be from Bonao? If I stay there I will have to drive from Bonao to Jaracaranda late at night.:ermm:

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
For badpiece, or anyone else who happens to know. I'm sure I've passed by the Jaracaranda rest stop many times and probably have stopped there without knowing it, but.................. How far is it from Bonao, and is it before or after the Bonao exit on the way from Santo Domingo?

For badpiece, or anyone else who happens to know. I'm sure I've passed by the Jaracaranda rest stop many times and probably have stopped there without knowing it, but.................. How far is it from Bonao, and is it before or after the Bonao exit on the way from Santo Domingo?

coming from Santo Domingo you will pass one or two entrances to Bonao, Jaracaranda will be on your left side or south side of highway,there will be a gas station on north side you cant miss it, If you do miss it and and see tipico bonao restaurant on north side of highway you went to far,turn around for about 2 kms. You should have no problem seeing it.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Coming from Santo Domingo Jacarando Rest Stop/Hotel is after the second exit for Bonao on the south bound side of the Autopista Durate. Once you see the first Bonao exit sign stay in the left lane. After the second Bonao exit there will be a break in the trees separating the north and south bound lanes. Slow down and be prepared to cross the highway. It is easy to find and easy to miss if you are not paying attention.

Thanks again badpiece for the tip on Jacarando. Jacarando has two restaurants, a snack area, outside tables with free WiFi, gift shop, Claro phone center, and a decent hotel. If you stay at the hotel be warned after 11 pm there is absolutely nothing to do in the area.

2say0at.jpg

14brjb5.jpg