This woman from the San Francisco area in DR

Bderrty

Mar 15, 2008
I met this woman from the DR and she supposedly likes me and wants to be with me.She is from the San Francisco region and I'm trying to find out about people from that area because I've heard good things about dominican women and I've heard bad things about them also.I'm trying to make sure she isnt trying to get a free ride to(u.s.)my country via me.She is Catholic and has a 13 year old daughter but from reading some of your posts being catholic doesnt mean jack in DR,they will still get you.If we get married and she comes here with me and she cheats on me or what not will she still discrace her family and be considered a cuero or does that count for marrying someone from another country.Are the women from that area scandolous or trustworthy????She is 33 years old and you would think she should be past all of the games and schemes but you can never be to careful with people,especially with women who have a bad rap already.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
You could do better in the DR than a 33 year-old woman with a kid.

Don't be a child and think this through. She will only get over on you if you let her.

Reputation means nothing to a woman trying to get off the island, and you can bet your A$$ that if this is her prime objective her family will assist her in the deceit as much as possible.

Bderrty

Mar 15, 2008
I'm not a child and also I'm not crazy thats why I havent made any sudden moves only forum posts partner;)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Berzin knows what he's talking about, so why are you so disrespectful cowboy?!
You must be with the Desperados!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
First off you mention that you understand this woman likes you, then in the next breath you mention marriage and the possibilty of sponsoring her to the US????

You appear to be full of doubt about the situation...any red flags???

People here will try to help you and prevent you from finding out "the hard way" so if you dont want to here it or appreciate the advice, dont solicit any on here.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Berzin knows what he's talking about, so why are you so disrespectful cowboy?!
You must be with the Desperados!
Why don't we take this from the top?
I see no disrespect from anyone.
The OP is looking for some info, as difficult a question as it is.
Berzin has offered up his opinion and surely others will follow.
There have been more than enough wars here this weekend.
Could we start this all over?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
To the question,
The odds are probably against you, specially if you intend on taking her to the US.
There are also substantial financial risks too, as you can be held responsible for her collecting welfare, should she decide to leave you, then you would have to pay everything she collects from the US government.
I have no suggestions right now, but I am glad to see that you are questioning the wisdom of such a move.
Hopefully your final decision will be a wise one.

Bderrty

Mar 15, 2008
Yes please,in no way was what i said meaning to disrespect anybody on here.Where I'm from partner is a term we use for my friend and things like that.Besides didnt they see the winking icon???All I'm saying is that I wasnt trying to start an arguement,just aking for advice

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Do you speak Spanish?
Does she speak English?
How did you meet her?
Have you spent time in the DR, and if so, how long?
Have you met the family?

Let's just start with those. there are more to come, if you don't mind.

Bderrty

Mar 15, 2008
Do you speak Spanish?
Does she speak English?
How did you meet her?
Have you spent time in the DR, and if so, how long?
Have you met the family?

Let's just start with those. there are more to come, if you don't mind.

I speak a little spanish and she speaks a little english.
No I havent spent time there but i plan on coming there in a few weeks.
No I havent met them yet but if I come there I plan on meeting them but they dont speak english at all so,you know.Thats why I'm trying to see what its like their before I end up coming home in a bag.:paranoid:

Bderrty

Mar 15, 2008
I speak a little spanish and she speaks a little english.
No I havent spent time there but i plan on coming there in a few weeks.
No I havent met them yet but if I come there I plan on meeting them but they dont speak english at all so,you know.Thats why I'm trying to see what its like their before I end up coming home in a bag.:paranoid:

I met her online too.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
To the question,
The odds are probably against you, specially if you intend on taking her to the US.
There are also substantial financial risks too, as you can be held responsible for her collecting welfare, should she decide to leave you, then you would have to pay everything she collects from the US government.
I have no suggestions right now, but I am glad to see that you are questioning the wisdom of such a move.
Hopefully your final decision will be a wise one.

Rocky you always have such a great approach to these delicate situations...I think sometimes us seasoned posters lose sight of the fact that some newbies here are genuinely seeking advice.

To the OP..hopefully you have come to the right place looking for answers. You may not like all you read or hear on here but please take heed as many posters here DO know a thing or two and could save you a lot of $$$$ and heartache.

Last edited:

Bderrty

Mar 15, 2008
Rocky you always have such a great approach to these delicate situations...I think sometimes us seasoned posters lose sight of the fact that some newbies here are genuinely seeking advice.

To the OP..hopefully you have come to the right place looking for answers. You may not like all you read or hear on here but please take heed as many potser here DO know a thing or two and could save you a lot of $$$$ and heartache.

I will and thanks for the advice,I know I'm in the right place

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If you don't mind, I will tell you what I think, straight up, no trying to be diplomatic.
If you find that I am getting too rude, just say so and I will back off.

1) I don't believe in internet romances and question the sanity of anyone who does.
2) I place little hope in a relationship working out if the two do not have one common language.
3) As mentioned before, bringing her to the US is dangerous.
I wouldn't do it and would hope that if I lost mind and decided to do it, that my good friends would shoot me at the airport.
Maybe not to kill, but enough to prevent me going ahead with the plan.
It would surely be less painful than what would eventually happen, if I carried out the plan.
4) There is no harm in coming here and investigating the scene a bit further.
As bad as the odds might be against you, some people do beat the odds.
5) Keep the financial obligations to a minimum.

That's all for now.
The Nascar race is on and it's distracting me.
PS: Please don't be shy to say if you don't like the way I am saying things. I can be diplomatic, if required.

Bderrty

Mar 15, 2008
If you don't mind, I will tell you what I think, straight up, no trying to be diplomatic.
If you find that I am getting too rude, just say so and I will back off.

1) I don't believe in internet romances and question the sanity of anyone who does.
2) I place little hope in a relationship working out if the two do not have one common language.
3) As mentioned before, bringing her to the US is dangerous.
I wouldn't do it and would hope that if I lost mind and decided to do it, that my good friends would shoot me at the airport.
Maybe not to kill, but enough to prevent me going ahead with the plan.
It would surely be less painful than what would eventually happen, if I carried out the plan.
4) There is no harm in coming here and investigating the scene a bit further.
As bad as the odds might be against you, some people do beat the odds.
5) Keep the financial obligations to a minimum.

That's all for now.
The Nascar race is on and it's distracting me.
PS: Please don't be shy to say if you don't like the way I am saying things. I can be diplomatic, if required.

No speak your mind although you might offend some people it doesnt offend me or make me upset like some.Some people take offense when they should shut up and listen.I want to come there and check out the situation but
1.I will be alone with a woman who is from there and I'm not if you know what I mean,which could be good or bad depending on what you are trying to do.
2.I have no one else there I know so If this goes bad real fast I'm there with no one else i know in the whole country.
3.I would have to resort to the usual travelers method and find a "working girl" to finish my stay with just so I say I did something beside sight see you know?:paranoid:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
"Disgrace her family?"

No--but they may give her the "MOM of the Year Award" or "Survivor of the Year Award".

If you think your relationship will be held together on that (disgrace) alone then I think you have answered your own question already. Gooood LuuucK.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Forgive me, but now I'm getting the impression you are a whoremonger, possibly looking for a good girl, I mean you haven't even gotten there yet and you're thinking about whores, already. Believe me that's no way to start a relationship, plus you started out sounding so innocent. As far as safety, dress casual and no jewelry-flashing and you should be allright being you have a little knowledge of the language, which is better than me. But go, play it by ear, you might fall for her younger sister or neighbor. I love that song, I'll take you to the candy shop, because that's where you are going as far as pretty women. So hold onto your heart and your wallet and don't rush anything. Like I say to all my friends, I know you will have fun.......Enjoy your stay..............

Last edited:

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Why would you want to be with a woman you have never met???? Stay in a hotel without her and just visit her and her family at their home until you get to know her. She could be HIV + for all you know. There is lots of it in the DR. Play it very safe. Have you even been on holiday in the DR???? The country is very poor. What does this 33 yr old do? Does she work?? Does she support her parents plus her child??? I hope that her name is not Daisy. You met her on line - she is a stranger !!!!!!!!