Time for a review

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I might talk to the boss about removing this service of " does anyone know". I don't think it helps anyone if this kind of thing goes on and I know it does, it's not the first time. ( meaning that people asking are not the ones involved in the relationship)

All the info anyone could possible need to determine if their new found friend/lover is a sankie or not is all here and the DR1 articles.

Do you guys really think it helps anyone if someone sends a PM saying yes I know Joe blow and I know all the people he's been with? It was always my theory that it does not and that people have to determine for themselves if they are involved with a sankie or not. If they can't determine this for themselves after reading the articles provided nothing anyone will say can convince them.

Feed back please

Last edited:

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I do not know if it helps or not, but it always concerned me that unscrupulous persons would take advantage of it. What I mean is, the OP would be opening themselves up for anyone to pm them and make up stories or tell them outright lies just for kicks. This could be devestating for the person asking, especially if it wasn't true.

Or do I just have a devious mind???:ermm:

Marlie

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You're right Marlie, that can certainly happen since we don't know what is being said or if it's true.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Well Anna i think only the women that have asked for this kinda of information would know if it has helped.

or have any of these women gotten back to you about the helpful info provided to them, through PM?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I do not know if it helps or not, but it always concerned me that unscrupulous persons would take advantage of it. What I mean is, the OP would be opening themselves up for anyone to pm them and make up stories or tell them outright lies just for kicks. This could be devestating for the person asking, especially if it wasn't true.

Or do I just have a devious mind???:ermm:

Marlie

I agree, a lot of people make things up just to screw up somebody else's relationship. Some of these women/men might actually be after the same guy/girl and would want his/her actual partner to dump that person. I have had this happen to me in the past and realize at this point in life how crazy some men and women can be.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I get more PM's about the overall info on DR1 helping them. I've never had one from anyone that posted a name and said they broke up because they found out that the guy had many others.

So that is why I think that they have to determine for themselves based on the info provided here.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
If you would like to PM the op it is up to you to decide if they are telling the truth read between the lines

:bunny:Annac ditch M F M less work for you ;) then you can spend more time with the grand children ?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Yes, the overall information provided here is great and you do realize how true it is once you actually travel to the DR.

But it really does not help to figure out how sincere a bf/gf can be by talking to others, really. Actually, talking to another person can be very dangerous because they can have a hidden agenda.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you would like to PM the op it is up to you to decide if they are telling the truth read between the lines

:bunny:Annac ditch M F M less work for you ;) then you can spend more time with the grand children ?

Yes I'm going there soon,;) but it's not about my time but trying to fine tune this thing where we are of help and are not caught in the middle of a lot of drama or pain to others.

Mars/Venus will always be useful it's only the " does anyone know" portion I want to ditch.

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
I think..........

Get rid of it. I mean really who does it help! No one really listens to the advice and must find out on their own. They can do that by reading the vast sankie stuff on here;) Just my opinion

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Ditch it

I can't see the purpose because ANYBODY that would like to libel someone else could use this mechanisim to serve their own needs. For example just look at the thread on Red Points, Green Points, Round and Round the Blueberry Bush.There are disgruntled posters complaining because they don'y know who gave them negative points. With that in mind what is the value of getting a "tip" from someone that might be a fraudster. Con man etc. Heck, we on board would not even know what he/she told the questioner.

I thin k it should go as it's a liabilty that is not serving any purpose.
JOHN

Hey BTW does anybody know Yesenia from.............:> :> :>

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I would "kybosh" it, the name thing is pretty silly considering the majority of the people haven't got a clue of the full name themselves, people can get mixed up, possibility of other relationships being jeopardized. Nothing really good can come of it, and it's no fun being humiliated on a public forum, even if it's done discreetly in a"PM".

LOL johne@
Hey BTW does anybody know Yesenia from.............:> :> :>

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I never understood it in the first place. I think it doesn't benefit anyone.

I have a friend who dates strippers and he got upset when he walked in one day and saw her lapdancing a guy that he considered physically repulsive.

It made him sick to his stomach that she could be doing that with unsavory characters night in and night out.

I looked at him as if he had lost his mind, but he was able to maintain a state of denial until he actually saw her at work, and this is what I feel these women who fall for resort workers are like.

There is nothing you can tell them, so why enable them?

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
For those heart broken sisters and brothers who are wondering, when they are so far away, hey, I might need that service one day, even though I assume the worst from the get go. But for the most, I have found most board members informationable o-k, so I might have made up a word, but you know what I mean and the requester can look up previous post to get a feel of who's posting. Whether they are a BS-er......... And if you feel that way take away the rating system , also. But since this is the sankie area of the forum and they are asking about a possible sankie ?????????WHAT %%%%%.... If somethings not broke. leave it alone.... The sankie forums is what brought me to this Board. Good reading material. I already had an idea about my baby, before joining here and pretty familiar with Western Union, also. ....... But someone unfamiliar, needs as much info as possible available to them.....And this forum provides that service..... VIVA------DR1

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
If someone is asking if anyone knows so and so form xyz resort then already they must be having doubts, and then they just need a little bit of information to help them make the right decision. There is so much about sankies here - not just in this forum but everywhere you go as a non-dominican woman in this country, that all of the time you feel a need to check that your man is not 'one of those'!!! I personally can't see it does any harm.

matilda

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for your input everyone. I've talked to the boss and it's been decided that threads with " does anyone know" will be deleted. We have plenty of info here for people to determine if someone is a sankie or not.

Both Mars/venus and sankie forums will remain but not for that question.

Thanks again for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.