Punta Cana or Puerto Plata ????

Doomshade

Mar 18, 2008
Hello all . ( Sorry if my english is not very good sometimes ) .
I preview to go in DR in August with a friend ( i know August is not the best month but my hollydays are in August ) .
And i would like to know what is the best between Puerto Plata and Punta Cana for 3 young boyz ( single ) ??
We like noghtlife and we would like to meet other young people .
We would like to do a lot of things and have fun all the day .
We don't want to stay in a hotel with 90% of old persons lol .
I asked to some people , some say punta cana and others say puerto plata so i don't know where to go .
Thank you for replys .

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Well...I'll give you the 411 on Punta Cana from my perspective...Went with 2 Lively teens (19 & 17)...there was really not much for nightlife, or sight seeing even shopping...the water is beautiful as are the beaches...but it was very family oriented, and a lot of older folks from Europe..Mostly All Inclusives and a lot of tourists.
The girls ended up at Mangu few nights a week as our Hotel Disco"sucked"in the worst way, Mangu I didn't care for either, but I still managed to have a good time.
We cant wait to head to POP for the next trip!

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
How young are you boy's?

Just from my experiences I would say go to POP. Search this forum and you will find all kinds of information. Have a great time.;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hello all . ( Sorry if my english is not very good sometimes ) .
I preview to go in DR in August with a friend ( i know August is not the best month but my hollydays are in August ) .
And i would like to know what is the best between Puerto Plata and Punta Cana for 3 young boyz ( single ) ??
We like noghtlife and we would like to meet other young people .
We would like to do a lot of things and have fun all the day .
We don't want to stay in a hotel with 90% of old persons lol .
I asked to some people , some say punta cana and others say puerto plata so i don't know where to go .
Thank you for replys .
Cabarete would be the best.
Young sporty crowd there, surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, not isolated like Punta Cana or the POP all inclusive resorts.
No danger of hurricanes.
It's got it all for 3 young boys.

Doomshade

Mar 18, 2008
i am 23 and my 2 friends are 26 and 27 .
What about the night life in POP and in Cabarete plz ??
To be honest with you , we always go out the night in our town and we like that .
That's why i want to be sure about the nightlife of the zone where i'll go .

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
i am 23 and my 2 friends are 26 and 27 .
What about the night life in POP and in Cabarete plz ??
To be honest with you , we always go out the night in our town and we like that .
That's why i want to be sure about the nightlife of the zone where i'll go .
Forget POP.
You'll have all the night life you need in Cabarete.

Doomshade

Mar 18, 2008
Is it good to take a good hotel like RIU or Iberostar in Puerto Plata and rent a car to go out in Sosua or Cabarete for discos and things like that ??

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
RIU complex to Sosua or Cabarete is quite a distance, especially if you are driving after a night out.

amandalynn

Oct 5, 2007
i just returned from pop for the first time and there is so much more night life there than in punta cana!