New Revistas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
FYI the Motor Vehicle office by the ballpark in PP has the new Revistas. You need to go to BanR first and pay 45rd. Then get a copy of your Matricula and a copy of your Insurance Card and go to the MV office. Takes 5 minutes once you have the papers.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I did this last week and not only did Transporte Terrestre only take 5 mins but it also took less than 5 mins to pay the tax at BanReservas. BanReservas has always been the time consuming part so I was agreeably surprised. Nay, shocked. :surprised

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I got my last revistas last October and thought I was good for a year. Is this not true? Do I need to get one again so soon? thanks Phil

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I got my last revistas last October and thought I was good for a year. Is this not true? Do I need to get one again so soon? thanks Phil

The Revista is the Inspection sticker, not the Matricula, which is usually due around Oct. Maybe you are talking about this?

Also for paying at BR in POP, it is not necessary to go inside the bank. There is a small trailer in the parking lot that you can use to get the form. Usually no lines there.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

I think you'll find you got your marbete last October - is it a silver oblong with a blue line at top & bottom & does it have 2007 written on it? The revista is different and it is round, coloured red, white & blue & dated 2008-2009. Yes you do need to get your revista.

Aug 21, 2007
Please help me here. I need you to talk to me like I am a five year old. I bought my first car here in August last year. After some time, I got a sticker that tells everyone I Have insurance. Then, I paid some money at the bank and went for an "inspection," which it was not, and they gave me another, sparkley sticker.

Now, what is a revista? And what is a marbete? And what is Matricula?

And what do I need to do now?

Thanks.

Lindsey

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Please help me here. I need you to talk to me like I am a five year old. I bought my first car here in August last year. After some time, I got a sticker that tells everyone I Have insurance. Then, I paid some money at the bank and went for an "inspection," which it was not, and they gave me another, sparkley sticker.

And what do I need to do now?

Thanks.

Lindsey

The Revista is the Inspection sticker. You need a new one. The Matricula is your registration, the marbete is the sticker on the window with your license plate number on it. You have the second two, you only need to get the Revista. It is not due right now, but it is better to get it now rather than later, as it gets pretty crowded if you wait. Sometimes they run out of them when the demand is great.

Aug 21, 2007
Okay. I get it. So I need to go to BR in POP.....which is where? Do I need to take some of my paperwork? What? How much do I pay? Then, where do I go to get this sticker?

I sure love living here, but these bureaucratic steps challenge me.

Thanks for holding my hand, here.

Lindsey

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Please help me here. I need you to talk to me like I am a five year old.

You're too young to drive........:)

I bought my first car here in August last year. After some time, I got a sticker that tells everyone I Have insurance.

I have never had a sticker which tells people about insurance, never even seen one. Sorry, don't know what you're talking about. The only proceedure you show proof of insurance for is the revista.

Then, I paid some money at the bank and went for an "inspection," which it was not, and they gave me another, sparkley sticker.

Sounds like your revista. I did the 7 year old class above - revistas are round stickers, marbetes are oblong stickers - see description above, not enough hints there? BOTH are sparkly.

Revista = roadworthiness inspection (ha b****y ha) sticker, marbete = registration tax sticker, matricula = registration document.

And what do I need to do now? Thanks. Lindsey

Revista. And if your matricula isn't in your own name read this
http://www.offshorewave.com/offshorenews/dead-men-don?t-sign-cedulas-on-handling-and-circumventing-bureaucracy-in-the-dominican-republic-by-ginnie-bedggood.html

:):)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
BR is near Amber Museum in PP, any BR will do, there's another near the port. Maybe one in Sosua...........? Pay 45 pesos, take your cedula. Then go to Transporte Terrestre near baseball stadium, desk for revistas is outside the building. Take copy cedula, insurance & matricula. That's it. Really easy.

Aug 21, 2007
Substitute for cedula is a passport, I hope? Transporte Terrestre is where I took the car for the "inspection" I think.....or help me, please, maybe I didn't get an "inspection" because I bought the car new. Do I have this thing called a Revista? I did go to a desk outside this place and give my bank receipt.

What in the heck is a matrcula?

I believe I am lost!

Lindsey

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I posted definitions of marbete & matricula above, so did SKY. No idea if passport substitutes for cedula, worth a try though. Is what you have round or oblong (see above) then I'll be able to tell you what you already have? Sounds like last year you got the 2007/8 revista. Now you need 2008/9. What is shape & date of your sticker?

Aug 21, 2007
I think the registration is a blue, rectangular sticker. I have that. (And is that permanent as long as I own the car?) By the way, thank you for forcing me to go out to my car and take a look....the other sticker is the infamous Revista! (It actually states it right on the sticker!) The date on it is 2007-2008.

So, having cleared that up, do I assume it is expired and I need to renew it?

Thanks for all your patience with me.....

Lindsey

Aug 21, 2007
Oh, Lambada, I think we are cross-posting. Yes, I get it now. I need to do the process again for a 2008-9 sicker.

Sorry for looking like a fool. Thanks for the valuable info. I will take care of business tomorrow!!!

Lindsey

Status
Not open for further replies.