taxi rates from STI to Playa Dorada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubi1015

Mar 12, 2008
Does anyone know how much a taxi from STI to Playa dorada would run for 6 poeople (1 carry on each, no big luggage)

I am trying to figure out if a flight to STI would be worth it.

Thanks.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
If you take one of the taxis at STI it will cost you about $100 USD but if you call a taxi company not affiliated with STI it will be about $50 to $60 USD.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
For 6 people I think you could count on something around $100US each way. I, personally, don't think you will find anything in the $50US - $60US range unless you speak Spanish and arrange for a non-tourist taxi to pick you up; if they can pick up at STI at all.

For around $100US - $110US (my estimate) you can get an English speaking driver who will meet your flight; contact Martin Espinal at espinal30@msn.com

Just my opinion.

Gregg

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If you take one of the taxis at STI it will cost you about $100 USD but if you call a taxi company not affiliated with STI it will be about $50 to $60 USD.
I'm almost positive that those "non authorized" taxis are not permitted to pick up at the airport, and if they tried to, there would be trouble.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I'm almost positive that those "non authorized" taxis are not permitted to pick up at the airport, and if they tried to, there would be trouble.

I cannot comment on STI airport but I have used a taxi service several times from POP airport where the driver removes his signs from the top of the car and just appears as a friend picking me up. His prices cant be matched so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.