Need advice

oilers

Mar 1, 2008
I am thinking about buying a house in Sousa . The real estate salesman told me i have to pay my share for putting in a road in the subdivision. Is this normal ? He didn't mention this when we first talked to him. Thanks

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Hey turn the lights on buddy!!

Don't know if it is normal. Doesn't sound kosher to me but I would be very leery if he said that each night you need to go outside and turn the street lamp on.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am thinking about buying a house in Sousa . The real estate salesman told me i have to pay my share for putting in a road in the subdivision. Is this normal ? He didn't mention this when we first talked to him. Thanks
It sounds legitimate to me, in that he is telling you now, not after you have purchased.

oilers

Mar 1, 2008
thing is he didnt tell us about this when we first started talking about the house. He said if the 9 homes on the street didnt buy the road the original owner would still own that piece of property and that he could do whatever he wanted with it.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
thing is he didnt tell us about this when we first started talking about the house. He said if the 9 homes on the street didnt buy the road the original owner would still own that piece of property and that he could do whatever he wanted with it.
I really don't have enough info to make any judgement.
I do understand that it's disappointing to you to think it's going to cost X amount of dollars, and now the price goes up because of the road.
Perhaps you can renegotiate the selling price to help take some of the sting out of having to pay for the road.

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi Oiler,

As Rocky said, perhaps you should renegotiate.....and do not forget its a
buyers market, there is plenty of real estate on the north coast.

Be Lucky