Dive Operations in Punta Cana

dflaher

Mar 17, 2008
Hi,

My wife and mom will be staying in Punta Cana next month and would like to do a little diving. Mom isn't certified yet, but is taking her theory and pool classes in the US and will be certified via a referral course in the DR. My wife and I have about 50-60 dives each.

I've never been diving in the DR, but from I've researched the best diving seems to be in the Bayahibe area, especially Catalina Island. I've decided from research that Punta Cana isn't worth diving, but since we're staying there, I'd like to know your opinions of dive operators in Punta Cana that could arrange for trips to Bayahibe in order to dive the various sites there.

Ideally the operator would:
1) be close to the Grand Paradise AI resort, where we are staying
2) provide Open Water referral certification for mom
3) have trips leaving from Punta Cana to Bayahibe with flexible schedules
4) be friendly, safe and courteous
5) be reasonably affordable, although cost is secondary to getting the right operator

I know of only one right now that meets the need -- Dressel Divers. Are there any others, and/or opinions of Dressel?

Thanks so much for your help.

Dan

bluenose2

Jan 12, 2008
give sea pro a try i was just certified there two weeks ago, they were wonderful and made it seem very effortless. They also offer tours to bayahibe...i have only good to say about this experience.

presidente83

Jan 31, 2008
Hi there,

i stayed at the majestic colonial last year in May. (next to the Grand Paradise)

They have a good dive teacher called alfredo. We had a lot of fun having our dive lessons there...

Steve
Dominikanische Republik