Barahona Was Packed

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Great to hear that Barahona was packed this weekend. Hotels were full and the beaches crowded.

It was packed but not as much as previous years, hotels were all full even in Pedernales, tomorrow I'll post some pictures I took of Los Patos, San Rafael and Enriquillo.

There were more people two years ago, but from what I hear, same happened everywhere, most likely due to the high cost of fuel and lack of fund$. In my case I spent almost $20,000 (RD$) and I went to my own house in Bahoruco, did not visit other places like San Rafael or Los Patos, did not go to a restaurant but cooked in, stayed home the whole time and the only place I visited was Pedernales on Saturday and it was just a quick, same day trip, had lunch at the D'oleo Mendez inn (highly recommended for great Dominican cooking and clean rooms) but a friend paid the bill, my kids did not even go with me, they stayed in the city, so that was $5,000 more to leave them spending money while I was away, so basically I spent almost RD$25,000 without even going to a resort, and I thought the simple life was so cheap...