Barahona Nightlife

gmalet

Mar 23, 2008
Will be in Barahona next month and would like to get as much info on the nightlife. Im a single guy who loves to dance Marengue and Bachata. Where is the closest hotel to the nighlife?

Feb 15, 2005
Stay in Maria Montez. Ask for Dona Gladys (the owner) and say Richie from New York sent you. PM me and I will give you the name of my most confident friend in Barahona and he will take you to a couple of clubs. He's cool but doesn't drink or dance, but you can and he'll make sure you get back and forth. I'll give you my contact numbers. You can call me before you go and while you are there to let me know how you are being treated. Do you speak Spanish?

gmalet

Mar 23, 2008
I speak Spanish and I have been almost everywhere in the DR. Went to San Cristobal last year and it was a blast.

I love the clubs and love to talk to the girls.
I don't need a guide but is the nightlife good all week long?

Feb 15, 2005
Barahona isn't a tourist town (yet) so you're not going to get the everyday club hopping experience as in Santiago/La Capital or POP. Even on the weekends it's ALL local action. But it gets real busy Friday-Sunday.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey

I speak Spanish and I have been almost everywhere in the DR. Went to San Cristobal last year and it was a blast.

I love the clubs and love to talk to the girls.
I don't need a guide but is the nightlife good all week long?

my wife and her family are in the San Cristobal area, nice place not too tourist filled and a better than average night life. Did you hit La Rocka [Yaguate] on your visit? :bunny: