I'm in love and moving to the Dominican ASAP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Hola todos.:classic:

I have had it with this rat race and I am out of here.:dead:

I just returned from my first visit to the Dominican and I met the love of my live at the resort and now I can't stand to be away from her.:cry:

I hope that the saying that love conquers all is in fact true.:)

After buying my one-way ticket, I should have a good 20,000 pesos left to start our new life.:nervous:

I need to find a nice apartment with 24/7 electricity and high speed internet for less than 3000 pesos per month.

I also need to find a high paying job for a gringo who does not speak Espanol and has no employable skills.:confused:

I had a little incident with her mother when I told her she was putting too much salto in the sancocho but my head is much better now.:hurt:

Please get back to me pronto as mi amor is waiting for me.:classic:

Mucho gracias.:classic::D

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
It's great to hear nice love stories ! But you can live on less than 3,000 pesos per month !! It's quite doable in DR.. :D

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Funny, I might even move it to the clown bin. You've been here long enough to know what the country is called and what things cost in the DR.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
So who in total are you making fun of?
Obviously at someone but why take the time?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
So who in total are you making fun of?
Obviously at someone but why take the time?
Look at the threads from the last 24 hours and you'll understand Malibook's post.
Here are a few examples.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/73425-need-advice-moving-dr-theincome-i-have.html
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/73420-thinking-moving-sousa.html
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/73423-starting-life-dr.html

Evidently you feel that the following sentence was aimed at you and your http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-women-venus/73409-parents.html thread.
I had a little incident with her mother when I told her she was putting too much salto in the sancocho but my head is much better now.:hurt:
It may or may not have been, but if it was, it is humourous, and Lord knows we could use a bit of humour around here.
If you can't laugh at yourself, you will never achieve true happiness.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Paradise awaits you.

I just returned from my first visit to the Dominican and I met the love of my live at the resort and now I can't stand to be away from her.:cry:
How lucky is that?
What are the odds that the woman of your dreams, just happened to work at the very resort you stayed at during your vacation?

Of course it's true.

After buying my one-way ticket, I should have a good 20,000 pesos left to start our new life.:nervous:
Perhaps you should leave half of it at home, just to keep a nest egg, in case you want to buy a house one day.

I need to find a nice apartment with 24/7 electricity and high speed internet for less than 3000 pesos per month.
You need not throw your money around like that.
You can get a 2 bedroom unit with an oceanview for half that price.

I also need to find a high paying job for a gringo who does not speak Espanol and has no employable skills.:confused:
That's the beauty of the DR.
Nobody has any skills.
The mere fact that you know how to read and write almost guarantees you a high paying job.

Go to Montellano and hire a Haitian for 10 bux and put a hit out on your chica's mother, then teach your girlfriend to use less salt.

What's her name?
Maybe I know her.
It's a small country, you know, and most of us know each other.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
someone plz advise him on how long 20,000 pesos will last based on your experience. you think she will continue to work while you look for a job ?
what will happen when the money runs out ?

i know a good doctor in the US who can cure you of the "first trip, love of my life" disease...:laugh:

but good luck and plz think this through...don't let "little head" overrun "big head"...

get my drift ??

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
someone plz advise him on how long 20,000 pesos will last based on your experience. you think she will continue to work while you look for a job ?
what will happen when the money runs out ?

i know a good doctor in the US who can cure you of the "first trip, love of my life" disease...:laugh:

but good luck and plz think this through...don't let "little head" overrun "big head"...

get my drift ??
Did you miss the joke?
Part of the clue is that Malibook is no newbie.

<TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Malibook <!-- v3 Arcade --><!-- /v3 Arcade -->
user_offline.gif
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_621432", true); </SCRIPT>
Gold

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Jan 2002
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
lol............

Funny. Now I know, after seeing the posts the last few day's, why some of the "old timers", ( not that your old just old posters on here), get so well, crusty in their answers. :cheeky: Same old same old same old.............:bunny::bunny::bunny: Maybe there should be a pop up when you join that says use the search function! Anyway Mailbrook, good one.;) good points 4 u too

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
To all those that

don't see the humor in this post please go sit over in the corner and put your dunce cap on.
Great post and a good sense of satire.
john

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hey guys...maybe we're missing something...maybe there are incentives being offered by the DR government to gringos for the purpose of relocation!

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
lol............Ah the DR1 comedians.......

There once was a fellow called Malibloke,

Who was commonly known as Malibook,

A typo soon changed him to Malibrook,

A move to the DR made him Malibroke.

I am so sorry . I have not had my fill of coffee yet today. Sorry for the misspelling. :paranoid:Malibook. Rocky you are way to funny.;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
El hombron!!

Hola todos.:classic:

Mucho gracias.:classic::D
I swear, after ALLLL these years, it's refreshing to know you still have NOT lost your sense of humour!!.

Thanks for the laughs and YOU DA MAN!!.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Of course there are.
Every AI hotel in the country offers a wide assortment of sankies.

OK, am I confused again...doesnt that work in the reverse that the sankies need out???lol;)

Or maybe these gringos want to be trained to be the "next generation" of sankies!

Status
Not open for further replies.