Waterpark in Santiago?

katarina29

Jan 14, 2008
I heard something about a water park (as in slides and things) in Santiago. Does anybody know more about it?

May 12, 2005
It's called Kaskada. It's located just off the Autopista. Use the turn off for Janico. It will be on your right.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Be very careful there. I was there once and saw a lot of accidents, kids walking around bleeding profusely! Not much safety engineered into those "rides." Kids were jumping off of diving boards two or three at a time. Very little oversight. On one of the tube rides I hit my head so hard I almost blacked out. It is a nice people watching area and the beer is cold, pool tables etc. Scope each ride out carefully before allowing your kids to go on them.

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
why the limp

What happened? I was going to bring a group of kids from an orphanage there this summer and I think, you changed my mind. La playa might be safer?One without undertow on the North Coast. Stevi

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I almost fell several times near one of the food bars, the floor was very slippery. Good thing I was close enough to grab the counter to stop the fall.

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
I almost fell several times near one of the food bars, the floor was very slippery. Good thing I was close enough to grab the counter to stop the fall.

Lots of super slippery areas! I cant imagine what material they use for the floors, like an ice skating rink.

LAgotOld

Mar 17, 2007
Kaskada was great

I do not know what is wrong with these people. I went there and had an amazing time. Simply Amazing.

Slipping and falling? Hitting your head? I guess you people spent too much time walking and not enough time in the water. I even did a bit of dancing.

Like any place, you need to be carefully.

Take the kids. They will have the time of their lives.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
My brother went there with his family and he too almost had a concussion when he went on the water slide, i guess those of you who haven't had a problem have been lucky.

hferre5ras

Feb 6, 2008
Not Safe at all

I visited with no accident because i managed no to go or ride the dangerous area. Ride are not safe and the main problem there is the Floor the used ceramic tile and they had a "Sistelna" open next to a ride. Not safe. I would recommend Agual Azul in Mao, but i think they floor is the same but the rides are safer.

Sep 19, 2005
I dont know if I would go along with that recomendation. The two placves are vastly different, one being a water park, the other being a "public pool"

one that gets peed in like no tomorrow!!!!

although when I went it was VERY VERY crowded, and anyone in or near the end of the small slides they had was putting themselves in danger. Because the life guards did little to pace the sliders and or watch for those in the sliders path!!!

Kaos is a good term to apply

the water park was kinda slow the day I went there and there were no lines, but I could see safety wasnt an important issue....the life guards weres slouched in their chairs oblivious to all that was going on unless some babe walked by in a bikini...then they woke up.

in this picture my GF Tavina is going down the slide, up top you can see that all the life guards all followed her up to watch her go down...they didnt care what they were supposed to be doing, or where they were supposed to be watching..

dwdoic.jpg

bob

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I did a Google search on "Kaskada water park" and got lots of responses, with videos, etc., but no website for the park.

SantiagoDR
I survived the National Blackout ? 2009

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
Their website WAS aqua park ada music video at kaskadaaquapark.com, but since the park has been closed for several months now it seems that they took the website off.

Kaskada just recently re-opened in these days with a big party with several artists! However you should avoid going there when they have big events, the pools smell and taste like a toilet!

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
Their website WAS aqua park ada music video at kaskadaaquapark.com, but since the park has been closed for several months now it seems that they took the website off.

Kaskada just recently re-opened in these days with a big party with several artists! However you should avoid going there when they have big events, the pools smell and taste like a toilet!

I will repeat my warning.... be extra careful there, it is very dangerous. Unless they made some major changes while they were closed???

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
It's dangerous everywhere down there.

I was in the pool at Columbus Water Park several years ago, looking towards the "slow Tube ride" area. Between the pool I was in and the Tube Ride area is a concrete park bench.

Underneath the Park Bench was an electrical junction box, conduit coming out of the concrete - the cover was off the box, wires were hanging out, splices taped together, tape coming off ... and kids running around wet!!!

I was shocked (no pun inteded)....SHOCKED I TELL YOU....

That was several years ago, I'm not shocked anymore...

I will repeat my warning.... be extra careful there, it is very dangerous. Unless they made some major changes while they were closed???

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
A funny (but mildly unrelated) story regarding slippery surfaces....

I was in bed with an amiga making liberal use of a jar of Coconut Oil while performing strictly Therapeutic Massages.

When we completed our festivities, I jumped up to head to the shower completely forgetting about the coconut oil.... my feet went out from underneath me & straight up towards the cieling. Lucky for me it happened right next to the bed as my upper body hit the bed first before slidding off into the hard tile floor.

If I hadnt hit the bed first with my 240 lbs, I'm sure I would have broken something.

Needless to say, The chica had a good laugh at the clumsy gringo....;):bunny: