Looking for "Non Cows Milk" in Puerta Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
I cant drink cows milk and was wondering if anyone knew where I can buy something like rice milk or similar? And how much

I asked some Dominicans that I know where I could buy rice milk, etc. they looked at me confused LOL!

I have been using canned coconut milk and adding water which is good but wanted to have a little variety sometimes.

Do any of the expats or tourists who stay here many months of the year ship special foods from your home country, through a shipping company?

I plan to move here soon and just wanted some info on how people with special food needs adjust and bringing/shipping various items that are hard, expensive or impossible to get here in the D.R.

Gracias

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Soya milk is available in supermarkets, if not in Puerto Plata/Sosua then in Santiago. Nacional in the capital sells rice milk and soya milk, plain and flavoured.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
So soya milk is the only option I guess.

Thanks for the assistance everyone, much appreciated.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Not necessarily. I know Tropical has soya milk which is why I posted the info. They might have rice milk also, but I don't know for sure. Worth enquiring and when you find out you might like to put the results on here for others.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Of course.
Will do when I find out.

In the meantime coconut milk tastes great on cereal.

Status
Not open for further replies.