U.S Tax Return - DR Corp.

ace

Apr 11, 2004
I have a DR Corp. and have filed my taxes last year and will this year for the DR. I own 3 properties that are in the corp. My question is do I need to file anything with the US govt ? I have no gains yet in the DR. I've been told conflicting answers. I'm not loking to get around anything , I just want to make sure it's right.

If anyone has a DR corp. what are my resposibilies to Uncle Sam .

Tank you

Sharky

Feb 28, 2008
Hi Ace,
Are you a USA resident? If the answer is yes, you must declare all personal income no matter where it comes from. So if you have a company here, and this company is paying you something, salary, return on investment or whatever, you must declare it on your personal tax declaration to the government of USA. On the other hand, if you haven’t profited in any way from your company here, then you have nothing to declare. Keep all records of your company tax declaration here very preciously because one day the IRS will request to see them if you claim residency in USA. Make sure that these declarations do not show any payments or other financial benefit to you, because if they do, you must declare it in the USA. You said “not looking for anyway around that”.
May I ask why? Do you think that tax mitigation is wrong? Tax evasion is illegal but tax mitigation is your duty as financial manager of your affairs. So if you want to be a good manager you must look at all legal possibilities to alleviate the income taxes your liable to pay. If you would like more information on how you can legally protect your assets from the tax man, please feel free to communicate with me in my private mailbox and remember it’s your duty to do so!