Agua Splash in Santo Domingo

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
Hola todos.

I recently posted a question about the water park 'Agua Splash' ...I was looking for something to do while in SD with a group I traveled there with & couldn't find much info anywhere on this message board or elsewhere online. So... now that I've been there I figured it would be good to give some accuarte, recent info on the place.

Agua Splash is a small water park about 10 mins outside of downtown Santo Domingo. Prices for adults are 200p weekday, 250p weekend. They have a big pool that goes up to 10ft deep, another big wave pool that reaches about 6 feet, and a few smaller pools. There are about 5 big kid/adult waterslides and several small slides, etc for little kids. There are LOTS of lounge chairs by all of the pools and LOTS of chairs and tables shaded by thatch canopies. Gift shop, several snack/drink bars and 1 restaurant. The restaurant had good, reasonable priced dominican food (rice, chicken, etc). We also had pizza, which wasn't very good, and was expensive (500p, medium pizza)... As for the pools and slides- water was very clean and in general the place is well kept.

There was a good variety of music and a good stereo system throughout the park ...merenge, bachata, hip hop, reggeaton.

I was there on a Thursday and the place was not very crowded ... at 12 about 20 people total, more after the hours of 2 or 3. Mostly Dominican families and a few younger single people. I was told it is usually like that on weekdays, but can get a lot more crowded in weekends.

Our group included Dominicans and Americans, ages 17-25 and everyone enjoyed spending the afternoon there. It is not nearly as big as any waterpark I've been to in the US, but for the price it is a nice way to spend an afternoon in the sun while in SD.

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Agua Splash

I have been to Agua Splash several times. It's a great place to take a girlfriend, especially if she has children. Kids absolutely love the place. Food is mediocre but the presidente beer is good. Does not cost all that much for a great outing. It's on the eastern side of SD, east of the Rio Ozama on Avenida Espana, south of Faro Colon. Gets crowded on weekends but that is part of the fun.

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
and if "crowded" doesn't apeal to you, weekdays are cheaper and pretty low key.