Free container for resident

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Is there a time limit to this free container shipment for a legal resident?
Where can I obtain more info for this topic?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Please define (expand) your question. We need information to provide information.

For instance: Is it about a tax exemption for a resident sending a household goods shipment into the Dominican Republic via ocean container?

Regards,
PJT

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Yes, PJT that is what my question was for....tax break.
This goes to show you and everybody else my newbie status and how vulnerable I can get when I try to be frugal.
I have 1/2 a container's worth of household goods (LCL) long waiting in storage and now I have met another person with the same situation who has been a resident here in POP for many years. I had the "grand" idea of consolidating the 2 different loads and maybe getting a deal on the taxes?? The mudanza is what, I guess I was trying to find out if it is possible to use after being a resident for many years.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
So your plan is to save a few bucks on shipping by mixing your items in a container with those of someone else?

And when your new friend's shipment turns out to be packed to the gills with exstacy, then what?

Think twice.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
True. I agree, that would be not be in my best interests at all.
Yes, I am trying to save a few bucks and am thinking twice about how this shipment is brought in.
Best bet at this point is just to bite the bullet and not try to be frugal.
Thanks