Trying to track down a song my wife and I heard on our DR honeymoon

Indyhouse

Mar 28, 2008
Hello. My wife and I honeymooned in the DR in 2002. We are planning to come back either this year or next, and to get us in the mood we are trying to track down the song that the Occidental resort activity staff played a thousand times a day.

ALL we remember about it is that it had the words "sexy" and "sensual" in it, repeated ad naseum. The song was in Spanish and was up-tempo with a dance feel. It was mostly rap.

Thank you so much for your help. We love the DR and can't wait to come back. We're even considering retiring there if our lives play out right. ;)

Thanks!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Is by chance this one???

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tEVyDmcF7u0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tEVyDmcF7u0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Indyhouse

Mar 28, 2008
YESSSSS!!!!

Thank you!! My wife and I are cracking up right now! Thank you so much!!!!

Who performs it (besides the thong-wearing hippo)?

:)

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
that is amazing ExtremeR!! with all the spanish songs and with so few clues, how did you know?

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
The song is 'La Bomba' by a Bolivian group called Azul Azul. It's from an album entitled El Sapo which you can get from Amazon, etc.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
that is amazing ExtremeR!! with all the spanish songs and with so few clues, how did you know?

I also knew right away which song it was by the description too, its played a lot. I could never have posted it, I had no idea what the name and the artist was!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Hehe, I knew instantly which song that Indyhouse was talking about because I was a DJ in those years and many people requested that song at parties hehe.

As Victor Lazslo said the song is "La Bomba" of Azul Azul. Theres a variation too of King Africa.