Now here is something to think about

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This was taken from today's newspapers:

Soto Jim?nez y Luz Garc?a formalizar?n su relaci?n amorosa, siete meses despu?s que el primero se divorciara.

El pasado 3 de septiembre del 2007, el Oficial de Estado Civil de la Und?cima Circunscripci?n del Distrito Nacional, Ram?n Salvador de los Santos, evacu? una sentencia mediante la cual declar? la nulidad del matrimonio entre Soto Jim?nez y la se?ora Mercedes Luisa Thormann de Peynado alegando incompatibilidad de caracteres.

La sentencia No.2019-07 que estableci? la disoluci?n del matrimonio, le otorga la guarda y cuidado del hijo menor que procrearon en el matrimonio a Thormann, para cuya manutenci?n se fij? una pensi?n de RD$150,000 mensuales. La informaci?n se coment? ampliamente en programas dedicados a la rese?a del espect?culo.

It is from an article that tells of the upcoming wedding between busty Luz Garcia and the rotund former minister of the armed services, Soto Jimenez.

What caught my eye, and surely yours too, is that the divorce decree stipulates a monthly alimony/child support of RD$150,000!!!!!

The fact is that Soto Jimenez is not a lawyer, a doctor or much of anything beyond a military officer, now in retirement. The fact is that he never, ever received a salary of RD$500,000 a month (except perhaps during his years as the minister. ) A general's salary is around RD$50,000, if that.

The question then becomes, how did he accumulate enough to pay this kind of child support??? Gee, I dunno!!! Oh yeah, he also owns Rancho Guaraguao in Constanza....hummmm

And the US of A is not releasing funds to the DR because of issues of governability, corruption and a few other things....wow...these are funds under the DR-CAFTA agreement.

HB

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
My initial reaction to your posting was that this has to be a misprint. RD$15,000 would be the norm from what I have learned in my time in the DR.

Good luck to the kid getting it!!!!!

See you soon

John

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
$150,000 Pesos por mes?????? :(

Yeah, are you sure that wasn't a misprint? That is A LOT of money.... ;)

I don't think Big Papi pays that much in alimony!!!! :):):)

Cacique

Jan 8, 2008
He was the military ''attached'' in the big DC for many years...mucho bucks in that cozy post...

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
No surprise there. He was the minister of the armed forces during Hipolito's presidency. I'm sure his salary was up there plus during those years he probably had his hands in other cookie jars.;)

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Maybe this is an added "investigation" of the Mejia Administration which could uncover even MORE robbery of the State Coffers in an illegal manner.
Where did all themone come from?????

Texas Bill

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Its also rumored that he is one of the many sons of Rafael Leonidas Trujillo, he may have some unofficial heritance kept in someplace LOL. They guy was the chief of the Armed Forces in DR for Hipolito 4 years, does it surprise you that he have the kind of money to just pay 150,000 pesos a month to his ex-wife??

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Isn't this the guy that was going around handing out 1000 pesos during the 2004 election while being the chief of the Armed forces.