the Palms, Rocky's condos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
So, it looks like I've narrowed down my search for lodging to the aforementioned options. Does anyone have opinions about either? I think the things that concern me most are these: Is there a full service grocery store nearby with fresh vegetables, meat/seafood and liquor? Can we get to the beach and town in 15 minutes or less by foot? Is it quiet at night (we are light sleepers!)?

Any and all responses are appreciated.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the answer is "yes"..hopefully you don't go to bed at 9:30...:laugh:

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Is there a full service grocery store nearby with fresh vegetables, meat/seafood and liquor? .
Depends what "nearby" means. It is probably a 7? minute walk to the nearest Mercado (I have never been in this one) and a 11 minute? walk to a larger one that will have everything you mention. So, yes, very close.

Can we get to the beach and town in 15 minutes or less by foot? .
If your a fast walker 15 minutes "might" get you to the beach. But definately it will get you into town.

Is it quiet at night (we are light sleepers!)?.
Yes, very quiet and well regulated. In fact......during my last stay there, one nite I came home in the wee hours of the morning, I immediatly hit the sheets but my chica friend decided to turn on the CD player and dance some MORE bachata while undressing (darn those chicas ).

Unbeknownst to me I had left a window open earlier so the sound was traveling thruout the compound, and within a minute I had a knock at the door by a very nice man toting a big shotgun. He politely asked us to turn the music way down so as not to disturb the other residents. Which of course we did.

And if youv'e never seen it, it has a beautifully landscaped courtyard with pool.

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong dealing with Rocky (Marco). He provides good service, and he's very honest and helpful. When I get to Sosua, in May, I will be staying in one of Rocky's condos. I will have graduated from staying at his hotel, last year. :glasses:

I like dealing with people who give me a sense they know what they're doing and are genuinely interested in your being comfortable, and Rocky's does all that. ;)

Tradewinds - Sosua

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
Thanks for all your responses, but some of you did not differentiate between the Palms and Rocky's in your posts. Which one were you talking about or were you talking about both?

donquixote

Aug 2, 2005
rentals

I think you will find that the units at tradewinds where rocky has his condos and the palms are very similiar. Both are in same location across from each other. Both are built by the same builder. If you wish to compare both you can also check Sosua Vacation Rentals-Condo Rentals in the Dominican Republic
these show the units at palms for rental
. I should say i am related to the young lady who rents the units there. she is my daughter.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Thanks for all your responses, but some of you did not differentiate between the Palms and Rocky's in your posts. Which one were you talking about or were you talking about both?

Huh, I didn't catch that. But the Palms and the Tradewinds are real close to each other and are both very nice condo setups. So distance to town and stores are the same.

My post about the noisy dancing chica happened at the Tradewinds.

Last edited:

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
Huh, I didn't catch that. But the Palms and the Tradewinds are real close to each other and are both very nice condo setups. So distance to town and stores are the same.

My post about the noisy dancing chica happened at the Tradewinds.

That was hilarious, BTW. Thanks for the chuckle and the info!

vincyo

Jan 5, 2006
Magog, Quebec, Canada
the only negative thing about the Palms rigth now is the construction goin on just beside. Get ready to ear noise every morning starting at 8. Just coming back, was there last week....

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Wouldn't give it a second thought, Rocky's........... If going to Sosua and needing info, I can't think of a better place to land, starting with a pick-u-up at the airport and what ever from that point on. Correct info is very valuable in itself and if you get tired of walking or stuck, I'm sure you would not be stranded, I mean one call to Rocky and there you are being picked up by a taxi or whatever and at a reasonable price. I don't know him personally and have never met him, and I am assuming a few things, but being good hearted person myself and a retired Philly policeman, 32yrs, I consider myself a good judge of character and my only fault or downfall in life is I never lie........good people are good people and that speaks for itself........and my picture of Rocky is good people.........

Maco

Apr 6, 2008
So, it looks like I've narrowed down my search for lodging to the aforementioned options. Does anyone have opinions about either? I think the things that concern me most are these: Is there a full service grocery store nearby with fresh vegetables, meat/seafood and liquor? Can we get to the beach and town in 15 minutes or less by foot? Is it quiet at night (we are light sleepers!)?

Any and all responses are appreciated.

I spent last week in one of Rocky's Condo's.Marco the owner is a great guy and very helpful to the first timer.Might be a 20 min walk to beach.About 15 min to the Big grocery.I found the place to be clean and quiet(little bit of traffic noise)It's not the ritz but it works,especially for the price.He also has good food at his hotel.Hope you had better weather than I did.I guess I got a rare bad weather week.Have Fun

deejaa

Aug 19, 2007
I just looked at the site for Rocky's condos, and am wondering why it is that I am living in the US! With rates like this, who wouldn't want to be there for months, or more.

cainer

Mar 14, 2008
I wanted to stay at rockys for the week of april 15th to 22nd, but, i was to late making my reservation and they are now sold out.

Any recommendations from the group, on a nice place to stay for around the same price $250 for the week? thanks.

I used the link in this thread for the palms condos, but, they are asking for $300 for an ecomomy studio room with no air and no airport pickup. Seems odd that rocky can offer free pick up and a/c and also $50 less per week at tradewinds compared to the palms. I missed out on a good deal it seems

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
I used the link in this thread for the palms condos, but, they are asking for $300 for an ecomomy studio room with no air and no airport pickup. Seems odd that rocky can offer free pick up and a/c and also $50 less per week at tradewinds compared to the palms. I missed out on a good deal it seems
Rocky does that as an added touch, which only adds to the overall quality service you get in dealing with the man. The newly-added safety boxes in his hotel rooms and condos are also a nice bonus.

:glasses:

jetmech421

Jun 19, 2007
I stayed in Marco's condo over Christmas week 07.
Woulda stayed there longer but the condo was already booked.
Anyway the condo was very comfortable, the complex was very nice with the courtyard/pool. Wireless signal from the condo was good. I came and went at all hours and security was always on the job. Very quiet in the nights.
Maids came every afternoon to tidy up.
Marco had a young man and a young lady pick me up at POP and drive me to the condo. All Marco's people at the restaurant are very nice and helpful.
I'm a lazy person so I cant tell you how long a walk it is to the big market down the road or the beach, but there were always a couple moto concho's sitting outside the building waiting for a fare.
All in all I think the location is pretty convenient and I would stay there again. In fact I'm sure I will and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.