Best auto mechanic in Sosua
I can recommend a very solid and reasonable place in Sosua. Discovered them accidentally after having been taken big time on my Infinity by some other local shops.
They are located on a tiny side street away from eyes if you turn left from Pedro Clisante just before Europa Hotel and go all the way down. It will be on your left side. Big shop.
Russian owner and Russian mechanics.
1. Manager/chief mechanic Sergei for many years had his shop in Russian Far East that is almost Japan and is very good with Japanese cars.
2. Unlike NA mechanics they do not "replace" a part right away, but first try to "repair" it if it will be cheaper.
3. They have very good connections to NA suppliers of used parts and usually get them delivered within 7-10 days. Sometime difference between OEM new parts and used part (high quality ) is huge. For instance starter for my Infinity is $380 OEM and $70 used one with warranty.
So, if the customer wants to save and willing to go for a used one - they can do it.
4. The owner is willing to invest in equipment and technology to keep improving quality of work.
5. Trying to earn their spot and good reputation in the market currently they offer very low prices.
In my opinion they defenitely are worth checking at least.
Just in recent days I witnessed them fixing correctly Mitsubishi Galant (alternator problem, ), Honda Element ( rear suspension), Toyota Echo (cooling and A/C). And exhaust system/ brake job on my Infinity.
Very hard working and responsible people. I can recommend them whole heart.
I would also recommend Gregs Garage just outside sosua abajo there is a website
he speaks english german and spanish
i don't know what kind of a business is Greg running?! i called to ask how much is he charging for an oil change on a Mitsubishi Montero and his reply was that he doesn't discuss prices over a phone???
Does he know you, Liam?
Originally Posted by liam1
I think if I asked him that question, he would tell me, but I do understand that it is a somewhat world wide business practice, that they might not want to give exact prices over the phone, to circumvent the competition "spying" on them.
I understand your point Rocky but one may look at it that there are two prices. One for the gringo and one for the local.
Originally Posted by Rocky
Greg is a gringo himself and as best as I know, so are all his clients.
Originally Posted by jruane44
I guess that Dominicans go to Dominican mechanics, as I have surely been to Greg's over 50 times and have yet to see a Dominican client there, so the premise of having a two tiered price, one for gringos and one for locals, does not apply.
I have known Greg for some odd 15 years.
Originally Posted by DR Mpe
He maintained my trucks when I had the fruit & veggie biz.
They were new trucks, so for the most part it was just oil changes and the like, but I did that every 6 weeks or so.
50 times may have been conservative.
It's likely in the 100+ area.
I did not join this thread to dispute who may or may not be the best mechanic in Sosua.
I only interjected for Liam's post to ask him a question, to which he has not yet responded.
Originally Posted by Rocky
Yeap I know... AND he has the computer to connect to the car. Greg is cool, always done a good job.
Tags for this Thread