Casa Marina Bay to Puerto Plata.....and....

EnglishGirl

Feb 22, 2007
I have a couple of questions I need help with, I have been given lots of different info and am trying to find someone who may actually have done the journey or know realistically how long and how much it is.

Firstly, can anyone tell me how far Samana airport is from Casa Marina Bay Hotel and how much this journey should cost?

Also, does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get from Casa Marina Bay hotel to POP Airport? Also how much this SHOULD cost by taxi?

Lastly, how far is it from Sosua Camino (not sure if this is correct) to Bahia de Maimon? Again how much should we expect to pay by taxi?

Is it recommended to pay the taxi in dollars or should we pay in pesos?

Thank you and I hope someone will be able to help!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Samana Airport to Casa Marina (Sosua) is probably 3.5-4hrs, and I would guess in the vicinity of $200 (pure guess). If you could get from Samana Airport to Sanchez by taxi, you could take the guagua for around $5 although this onoly leaves once a day around 11:30am.

Gregorio Luperon Airport(POP) is about 15-20 minutes to Sosua.

Not sure where or what Sosua Camino is but Sosua to Maimon would be 45-50mins.

(really depends who is behind the wheel though;))

Can pay in either currency but always negotiate the price before you leave your point of origin.

Good luck.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
POP to Las Galeras is $160 - is you are flying from the UK how come you are ending up at Samana air port? ( just interested - didnt know we ( us Brits ) had started flyer there yet? )
Time from POP air port to Las Galeras is around 3 and a half hours.