Free or Reasonable Wireleess Access in Juan Dolio?

abberboo

Mar 24, 2008
Hi everyone! I am going to be visiting Juan Dolio for a week in just a few days and am staying at the Embassy Los Marlins. Does anyone know if there is anywhere we can access internet free or for a reasonable charge anywhere? Thx in advance, I really appreciate it.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Many internet cafes in old Juan Dolio or Villas del Mar. Not sure if Embassy suites has,

Matilda

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
The Embassy Suites has it's own network. At one point it was free, then they were charging, and later I heard they returned to free. There IS a free computer in the room behind the reception desk that is connected to the net. It is supposed to be for guest use.

Dunhill's system used to work in the Embassy Suites but now it does not (Arjan can give details as to why that is). Outside of the Embassy Suites hotel, pretty much the only two "games" in town are (1) Dunhill's wifi (which we use in our house) http://192.168.9.24/wifi/index.html;
and (2) the call centers/bars/restaurants that either use Dunhill or Verizon to provide their customers with service. I know that the Freedom Bar and Grill in New JD has free service for its customers (as does Giulia's Cafe but they are on vacation right now). There are MANY call centers that you can either use a computer or pay for a password to their system to be used on your laptop. If you need specific locations, I can give you several.

Dunhill's rates: 1 week for $20 USD; 2 weeks for $35 or a month for $50. With this service you can in theory take your laptop to many locations around Juan Dolio and open your computer with access. The service varies depending on weather and an assortment of conditions but they have opened up access where there previously was none or confined you to a specific locale. I can get a signal on the beach in Old JD and in many places in New JD. For more info:
http://192.168.9.24/wifi/index.html

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Real simple

I am transmitting from the Embassy Suite computer room right now. Free for guest. Need your room key to enter the "Business Center". Consists of one small screen IBM monitor a printer and nada mas.