River Death

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
I posted in a previous message about a river near me in Arroyo Hondo that had been blocked by refuse and sewage. It was cleaned out by a mechanical digger last week and the water began to flow again. I prdected that it would be blocked again very soon, sad to say I was right.

I would like to post the pictures but this is not allowed apparently.....if an administrator is reading this post can you tell me how I can do this as I think some people would be interested to see just how bad it is.

This latest incident seems to be a diliberate act and not just an acumillation of detritus. Does anyone know how and to whom I can report this as I feel it is not just a health issues but will cause flooding should there be heavy rain in the near future.

Skippy1

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I posted in a previous message about a river near me in Arroyo Hondo that had been blocked by refuse and sewage. It was cleaned out by a mechanical digger last week and the water began to flow again. I prdected that it would be blocked again very soon, sad to say I was right.

I would like to post the pictures but this is not allowed apparently.....if an administrator is reading this post can you tell me how I can do this as I think some people would be interested to see just how bad it is.

This latest incident seems to be a diliberate act and not just an acumillation of detritus. Does anyone know how and to whom I can report this as I feel it is not just a health issues but will cause flooding should there be heavy rain in the near future.

Skippy1

Pictures can be posted as shown below:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Chip, I think he means uploading pics. If he has them on a server somewhere, like tinypics or flikr, he can do the link thing the way you suggest or simply hit that yellow picture square in the toolbar and it'll do the same thing for you.

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
Chip, I think he means uploading pics. If he has them on a server somewhere, like tinypics or flikr, he can do the link thing the way you suggest or simply hit that yellow picture square in the toolbar and it'll do the same thing for you.

I do and yes I tried that too....
I had to read through loads of help files to discover that the ability to post pics is the sole descretion of the administrator....if you are lucky enough the have this facility added to you registration by the admin you can post as much as you like.

I would be happy to do an article for the Green Team let me try and put something together....

Skippy1

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Sounds good. If you attach the pics with the piece in an email to the aforementioned address, I'll see to it that the pics get uploaded and article posted.

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
Keith tied to send you an email but you seem to have a filter that would accept it.

maybe I will try another way.

Skippy1

J

John Evans

no wonder the manatees have disappeared- it is the same river isnt it ?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Estero Hondo on the north coast is where the manatees are. Arroyo Hondo is in Santo Domingo.