Reputation System Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You can now see who left you reputation :)

I'm sure this will upset one or two people, but myself and the mods got together and thought it would be better and make the system more open.

Lets see how this plays out.....

J

John Evans

well i can tell you it doesnt work...ive had a message from someone saying i called them a tool - when in fact it was me who got the message from someone else....are you sure its working properly

J

John Evans

ive also got two from the same person within a few weeks isnt this impossible

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Wow the system lets you see retroactively who left reputation, even though the person who left the original reputation thought they were doing it anonymously. Cant wait to see the fireworks now, sit back with a tall Presidente and enjoy the show!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
ive also got two from the same person within a few weeks isnt this impossible

Maybe that person passed some of their reputation to 19 other people before they came back to you again? Maybe they left a comment, but had no reputation to pass, what color was the square icon?

Leaving a comment and passing reputation are two different things.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Wow the system lets you see retroactively who left reputation, even though the person who left the original reputation thought they were doing it anonymously. Cant wait to see the fireworks now, sit back with a tall Presidente and enjoy the show!

Yeah, that's possible.

Let's hope it's taken more seriously now :)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
OK WONDERFUL, i've been meaning to ask, How do you go and read the comments left for you, i was shocked tofind out that i too have reputation points, wow, with all the nonsense i post?????????LOL thanks guys.

How do i read my comments?

BTW: i don't think is a good idea to now allow people to read who sent the comment, like Luperon said, fireworks are about to go off but if from now on we will be able to see who commented then at least we are forewarned (sp?) that our names will be shown.

J

John Evans

the squares are red ....doesnt explain the tool business though...its not as if its an expression i use

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
OK WONDERFUL, i've been meaning to ask, How do you go and read the comments left for you, i was shocked tofind out that i too have reputation points, wow, with all the nonsense i post?????????LOL thanks guys.

How do i read my comments?

BTW: i don't think is a good idea to now allow people to read who sent the comment, like Luperon said, fireworks are about to go off but if from now on we will be able to see who commented then at least we are forewarned (sp?) that our names will be shown.

Ok MAR give me some reputation points .. ;)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, interesting to see that my only negative comments are from moderators. Not surprising based on the mindset, but interesting none the less.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thanks, I think this will ending up being much more fair. After all, if you really believe in something, you should be able to stand up and take responsibility for it.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Ok MAR give me some reputation points .. ;)

Noooo, why? what have you done for me lately? hehehe just kiddin'

yes now i know how to leave a comment, i did earlier, i just didn't know how to read comments given to me.

ay i'm sorry i'm a little dense, so ok, when i go to user CP i see the a few people who have given points, have all those people given me positive points only? or both negative and positive are shown?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Noooo, why? what have you done for me lately? hehehe just kiddin'

yes now i know how to leave a comment, i did earlier, i just didn't know how to read comments given to me.

ay i'm sorry i'm a little dense, so ok, when i go to user CP i see the a few people who have given points, have all those people given me positive points only? or both negative and positive are shown?

Red blocks are negative, grey neutral and yellow positive.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I liked the hidden feedback, because it lets people say what they think more easily. Those getting a lot of negative feedback are getting it for a reason and should learn from it.

I predict it won't be used as much anymore.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I liked the hidden feedback, because it lets people say what they think more easily. Those getting a lot of negative feedback are getting it for a reason and should learn from it.

I predict it won't be used as much anymore.

I don't think so as I generally don't think people have been averse to battling it out in public for everybody to see here on DR1.

Nonetheless, for those who don't feel comfortably criticizing people openly doing so use by these types of people will drop for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.