Jarabaco

eltigre

Mar 23, 2008
A few questions: How would I get to Jarabacoa from Santiago and what are some recommended places to stay there?

Thanks for your help

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Hands down.........Hotel Gran Jimenoa, Hotel Gran Jimenoa, right on the river! Restaurant was great (not cheap). One meal feeds two people easily. Room includes your choice on breakfast (it is order as much as you want!) The sights and sounds are the best.

If you're into adventure River Rafting-Canyoning-Pico Duarte Tours at Rancho Baiguate Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic! Rancho Baiguate. Nice rooms, no AC, great facilities and CAMPO style meals in a common area....CLEAN AND PRISTINE GROUNDS.....great tours, top notch guides......

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Nah! Go to the Parque de los Chach?sis at the top of Restauraci?n St. At the corner of Sabana and Restauraci?n is the stop for guaguas (Mini buses) going direct to Jarabacoa or connecting to the buses that go to Jarabacoa at the Texaco Station there on the corner of the industrial free zone of La Vega.

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hotel Gran Jimenoa is a nice place with a good view. If you have a little time and would like to do a motorcycle tour of the country let me know too. We have a DR1'er who is getting things started there soon.

If you play golf, dodn't forget to look up Luis and I here in Santiago. Only bad thing about the golf club is they only serve Quisqueya, oh well, the bipes are plentiful though.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Is there a nice little mom and pop hotel in Jarabacoa. I want to go for just a few days at the beginning of May. Will take caribe from Santo Domingo to Jarabacoa. My family owns a small house in the Racquet Club subdivision by Hotel Montana and I want to check up on it. It's been many years since I've been in the area.

alloallo3

Jan 27, 2007
nice little hotel

You can't do better than the Brisas del Yaque. Nice location, nice people. Nothing fancy, of course, but the prices reflect that.