Salary in DR

T

Toma

Hi,
I just want to know, how much salary in US $ can I get for one month if I work like waither or barman in any hotel or restaurant in Sosua or Cabaret in Dominican Republic.
Thank?s and best Regards.
Toma.

M

Manny Baez

TOMA,
With all my due respect I think that you should leave those jobs to the locals ( I mean, the dominicans young girls and boys). Don't you think that it is totally unfair for anybody to go to Dominican Republic to take away the jobs from the locals ?. Think about it.
Manny

J

Jim Hinsch

I doubt you could do it at all, legally. If you decide to do it illegally, and don't mind the possibility that one day without warning could be arrested and deported without the possibility to return, you can earn from RD$3000 - $20000/month (US$200 - US$1300/month) or more, depending on where you work. Most of that would come in the form of gratuities, not salary.

M

Manny Baez

I agree with you. However, Dominican Republic is not USA. Do you understand me ?

M

Manny Baez

Re: Easy said when you're not one of the 4%!*DC*

4% unemployment is neccesary in order to keep inflation under control.

R

Roberto

Re: Salary in DR-To Toma and-Manny

TOMA,
With all my due respect I think that you should leave those jobs to the locals ( I mean, the dominicans young girls and boys). Don't you think that it is totally unfair for anybody to go to Dominican Republic to take away the jobs from the locals ?. Think about it.
Manny

Spetially Manny when this persone dont really need that job
most of them wan to do it just fore funn
and make some extra money so they dont have to relay on the bank acount at home

it is unfair

in the other hand just to answer his question

you would not get normally more then $200 us per month with some extra that could leet you perhaps with 350/400 us maximum if the restaurant are good

Regards

Roberto

L

Laura

Re: Salary in DR *(THINK!!!!)*

I feel that if you wish to move to the DR you should provide your own job. Add to the economy don't take from it. Start your own business at least creat your own job. And if at all possible try to employe and buy Dominican good and service. Don't you feel that most of us have a head start just to have the choice to go there as freely as we do? If you truly like the country and people then put them first not yourself. And I do plan to move there and start a business and no you can not have a job!
Have a nice day and happy visits to the DR.

R

Roberto

Re: Easy said To Wade,and others please read

USA

9.529.063 (km2)

270.262.000 (hab):

mortality 8.8%
Analphabetism(%) 4.5 year (1998)

life expectation 77.7 Men-79 Woman

Average Salary per years
$Us 25.880.0 (year):1994

Capital (PIB) 26980 Bilions
Inflation (%):3.0

Dominican Republic

(Km2) 48,671
Population

(hab):7.883,000
Mortality 5.7
Analphabet (%) 17.9 year 1995

Inflation (%):10.9 year (1996)
Average income per year (us$) 1320 (1994)

Capital PIB (us$) 1460 (1995)

Wade

would you like to compair you economical situation with us
and then still feeling comfortable with you comment Sir?

T

Tom

Re: Salary in DR *(THINK!!!!)*

You are all missing a point. If this person wishes to go to the DR and work, he will likely only become employed if a Dominican is inwilling to work for the same wages. Working in an established business does not "take from the economy" but adds to it in the form of increased services or sales

Do you feel the DR should develop a policy of "No foriegn workers?" A policy of "foriegn workers only when a qualified citizen is unavailable " would make far more sense. How do you expect businesses to locate to the DR if they are limited to the local labor pool and MAY not be able to find adequate skilled workers. (Please notice emphasis on MAY)

T

Tom

Why not the Haitians?

Roberto

Don't forget that if "Toma" gets a job he will be renting an apartment, buying food clothes, maybe a car etc, helping many people. Any employment is good

I certainly agree if there is an equally qualified Dominican wanting the job, it should go to the Dominican.

How come no one complains about the Haitians taking jobs from Dominicans?

Tom

R

Roberto

Re: Why not the Haitians? funy:)

Toma wrote

Roberto

Don't forget that if "Toma" gets a job he will be renting an apartment, buying food clothes, maybe a car etc, helping many people. Any employment is good

I certainly agree if there is an equally qualified Dominican wanting the job, it should go to the Dominican.

How come no one complains about the Haitians taking jobs from Dominicans?

Tom

I answer

in case my Friend you had not being reading the news
ore talking with some politicians-and normal people of the living days life

The Hatians have being the central of debate in several time

those complains are not 24 hour's either is every body complaining
since they understand very well that 85% of the Haitians are doing work that Dominicans would not do unless that the salary would not be more then just enough
fore Cultural Reasons
every body knows that Sir:)

in the moment keep looking in the news it gone to take just A few days to be news again

about Renting A house Sir it would be only good fore Toma and the owner of this house
because more foreigner we have renting normal apartment that are normally 200 pesos per months
more tourble we gone To have Why?
because the owner get normally from foreigner 4000 pesos
so like this the Dominican Have to pay as well 4000 pesos ore they would not have A place to stay
why is that bad?

because the Dominican don't have Any body sending him money From any where
the money that he make in his work with A lots of houres are what you get

I don't know if you Remember some of my post
where I have being talking about the Tourism industries
and I believe that Jim ore someone else had told me I was A racist

my point was not that
I am made with some foreigner because they are not informing they self well before they come down here
and the fight that we have being fighting fore months,years
that we had win

once they come down here they change all those what we had fight so hard fore
fore example the Motor Concho/Carrito Publico Prices and many others thing
that goes From A fair Salary to A fair illnes insurance
I am not against the foreigner in any how
Tourist Resident who ever
I am just against that many come down here to stay thinking they know all, then they injury they pocket and oures with
beside other trouble that they cause

what ever I am tired now my friend I gona get my self A bat And A movies After A good Sancocho/Salcocho

Have A nice Evening you all
and see you tomorrow perhaps

Regards

Peace:)

Roberto

Regards

Roberto

T

Tom

WHY

The Hatians have being the central of debate in several time

those complains are not 24 hour's either is every body complaining
since they understand very well that 85% of the Haitians are doing work that Dominicans would not do unless that the salary would not be more then just enough
fore Cultural Reasons
every body knows that Sir:)

Why can the Dominicans not do these jobs instead of doing no work at all?

Roberto, you make it sound as if the Dominicans should have only good paying jobs, the Haitians should do the low jobs and foriegners should not take jobs that are available that Dominicans do not want to do for cultural reasons. This I really do not understand

You also say that "Toma" would rent a house for less than a tourist, is it not better to rent the house for less thna to have it not rented? Are all the houses rented.? Demand usually dictates price, if there are plenty of people needing to rent a hose, the price will be high, if not the price will be low.

What you are seemingly saying is that no foreigners should take a "good job", no Dominican should worjk at a job that is "culturally fit for only a Haitian" and Dominicans should pay less to rent houses than anyone else, this makes no sense at all. What you will have is no onbe working, no houses rented and only Haitians working at low paying jobs

I can not understand this reasoning. Please try to explain this in a way I can understand

Regards,

Tom

S

Sarah

Re: Why not the Haitians?

Do Dominicans not complain because the work Haitians do, cane cutting for example, is not work that Dominicans would consider doing? Therefore Dominicans do not see Haitians as taking anything away from them. In fact, if it's not the government shipping Haitians in to do this work, it's the cane companies. Right? I almost wonder if they are "indentured servants", so to speak. Dee DeMusis would be a good one to discuss this issue with. As she has spent alot of time working with the Haitians.