Toys R Us

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I heard a rumour that a Toys R Us has opened in Santiago, but under a different name? Is this true? If so, where is it and does it have all the stuff you would find in a Toys r us anywhere else?

Thanks

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "KEY" Word Is "RUMOR"!

NEVER HAPPEN!
Just like the "IKEA" store on Av. Kennedy in Santo Domingo!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
They did open a big toy store here on Bartolome Colon, and AZB even posted a picture of it..

HB

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I heard a rumour that a Toys R Us has opened in Santiago, but under a different name? Is this true? If so, where is it and does it have all the stuff you would find in a Toys r us anywhere else?

Thanks
As Hillbilly stated, the store JUGETON opened a store in Santiago.

I doubt they are connected with Toys R Us. They are a Toys R Us type of store, though.

-NALs

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"IKEA" Now Has A "SIGN" !

It is on the "vacant lot" next to "Ferreteria Americana" on "JFK".
It says that if you want to work for IKEA go to their website!
ccccccccccc

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
As Hillbilly stated, the store JUGETON opened a store in Santiago.

I doubt they are connected with Toys R Us. They are a Toys R Us type of store, though.

-NALs

They in fact were getting their toy's supply from the same agents and stock movers as Toys R Us... It's a big deal to try and tackle Mattel out of the DR's toy biz... Toys R Us uses the suppliers to gain exclusivity over brands unlike the DR's exclusivity game at the ports. Come RD-Cafta full circle, then and only then will Toys R Us maybe consider making a run in the DR...

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Yes it does exist....I found the place and went there last week.

Yes it is quiet but wow the selection of toys is great and the price isnt too bad. I will be definately going back there.

Its not an official Toys R Us but it is similar.