La Romana airport taxies

serbeer

Apr 8, 2008
Hello, I am wondering if someone could please tell me how much I should expect to pay for taxi ride from La Romana airport to Sunscape CDM resort in Bayahibe for two people with minimal amount of luggage?

I am traveling there in the last week of May...

I few more related questions please:
- Is the price fixed? Or is bargaining expected while getting a taxi? My Spanish is limited but I can certainly bargain with a help of pen and a piece of paper if necessary, and walk to another taxi if the driver is not being reasonable
- I assume the cost of ride back to airport is identical?

Thank you!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Usually, resorts provide transportation to and from the airport. Check to see if your resort offers such, it would be extremely odd if they didn't.

-NALs

serbeer

Apr 8, 2008
thanks

Thank you NALs,
this is good idea, I'll check with them.

Just one more thing: are you saying that normally resort provides FREE tranportation to and from airport? Or do they charge?

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Sunscape provides airport transportation from the nearest airport (in this case, La Romana) if you book your room directly with them. If you arrange it with another company, it may not be available. Casa del Mar can arrange for a drive for you, but it will be the same price as the airport cab in the end.

Last I heard, the price was fixed at about $30. Considering you can get a cab for $25 to take you further, it's a bit of a rip off, but I guess that's the airport cartel for you. They may decide to drop the price though!

Kaki