Schools in Sosua ? Luis Hess.

Indy Tech

Apr 9, 2008
www.greggarage.com
Anyone got there kids in Luis Hess school on the Pedro clisante
and are they happy with the school.
Like to know the neg and the pos sides of this school ,anyone got there kids
at that school let me know what you think.
As I'm thinking of moving my kids to Luis Hess??;)

Opulent1

Sep 9, 2007
Luis Hess

Has anyone replyed to your "Luis Hess" question? Have you gotten any information...

VOHARE1

May 17, 2010
Well,2 years on,after my child was in school for a year at Luis Hess,i have some info.
The teachers at Luis Hess,but i must stress only a few as some were very helpful,decided that because my daughter had only a small understanding of the Spanish language at the time she started,that she was obviously stupid & didnt want to learn.She struggled,even though i went in & explained the problem,she was seen as a problem child & they were very unhelpful.The most unhelpful & ignorant person of all is the director.He will never even look at me & let the door slam in my face when i requested help.
The result is now my daughter is in Fuente De Luz & they,after only 1 day,gave her all the help she needs.Her Spanish is now great,thanks to her friends not her teachers & she is happy in school.
Obviously those reading this will question why she isnt in an English speaking school.The answer is they are not always affordable & not as great as you expect!

Reactions: AlterEgo

PapaGG

May 31, 2010
schools...

We just got back from Sosua area and will be back in February for the long hall. We looked at schools and the only real good option was the ISS, or International School. Yes, it's English speaking and hey that's what we speak at the moment and we will learn Spanish within the year. We try to give our kids every advantage they can get... struggling with the language is a concern so English schools are a must.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
our son attended the Colegio Luis Hess for many years.
he had positive experience in that school and even finished school there.
They were very helpful and even two years after my son finished, the teacher still stop me and ask how he is doing and sending him regards.
The teachers and director are still 'old school' ; in regards of discipline and family values. boys are not allowed to wear earring, girls no make up, cellphone not allowed in school, the school uniform must be clean and tidy.
The way of communication the students learn is to be courteous and polite.

In regards of education, i think the base of education is very good for Dominican level. When our son started in that school in 2.grade....speaking a little Spanish, no writing skills. I asked his teacher in that time, if she could help him with private lessons. She was so astonished that i asked and immediately agreed upon and gave him every Sunday 1 -2 h private tutoring. Well when i wanted to pay her....she refused!!! She told that it is privilege for her to help a student of hers who really wants to learn!!!
We are still friends...14 years have passed since!

The Spanish writing and communication skills they learn there are very good. For beginners it may be hard but with a bit of effort they will succeed.

VOHARE1

May 17, 2010
It is always good hearing positive experiences in any situation,how-ever the reason i posted what i did is because i dont want this happening to anyone else.
Our daughter had a year from hell & she is not a problem child & has no history of it in any school.She attended an English school here but did not learn or move on at all.She merely doodled her way through & still passed.
The reason for a Spanish school was to allow her to move forward.
She is very happy where she is & already in understanding the teaching as the teachers are very attentive & professional while still applying all the usual rules as was mentioned earlier(Jewellery,make-up,time keeping,uniform etc).She had a very bad experience & although its not listed here,alot more had also that were in the school at the time & have also left.14 in 1 go!!!!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Can anybody tell me if they have experienced this school recently? It seems to have a very good reputation and I am thinking of sending my kids there this year.