What documents are needed to get married in the DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah.D

Apr 3, 2008
Hi Everyone.
This is my first post so forgive me if its not in the right area.

Im searching for a website that has information on all documents I have to submit to get married.
my fiance is dominican and im Canadian. I have been searching but everything I find applys to Canadians marrying Canadians.
Hope someone can help!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
what you need

For You...

passport

single status affidavit stamped by a notary, translated into spanish by a certified translator & legalized by the dominican consulate (ottawa, toronto).

birth certificate (some hotels request this to be translated & legalized as well)

For your fiancee...

cedula

if either of you have been married before you would need additional documents proving divorce/death etc also translated & legalized.

If you are getting married in a hotel you need to submit these early depending on the hotels requirements.

Cost to have the docs translated & legalized by the consulate is $140.00US per document.

This website outlines everything that you need. They charge the same as sending the docs direct to the consulate.

Dominican Wedding - All Wedding Services in the Dominican Republic from Toronto, Canada.

Sangria

Last edited:

Sarah.D

Apr 3, 2008
Thanks alot sangria!
the website link you gave is exactly what I was looking for! it answers all my questions.

I realy appreciate the help!
Thanks again!
Sarah

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sarah
You'll find all you need to know in the way of what documents you'll need to get married to a Dominican in the DR, HERE

Sangria has given you the right answer as well

Status
Not open for further replies.