El Fuego del Sol and Santana Verde Ecotourism Ecovillage

kevadair

Nov 9, 2007
Visit our location and join our international community dedicated to improving the social and ecological environment of the Dominican Republic. We are located just west of Higuey, less than an hour?s drive from Punta Cana and La Romana. More information is available at Festival: El Fuego del Sol.

At the time of starting this thread in April of 2008, El Fuego del Sol is the Featured Entry at the National Geographic Geotourism Challenge. Since that link changes from time to time, Google: Geotourism Challenge for more information.

Our other media appearances including Conscious Choice Magazine and National Public Radio are documented at Festival: El Fuego del Sol.

Join our quest to improve the Dominican environment. We would love to hear from you.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
a little more info please

Visit our location and join our international community dedicated to improving the social and ecological environment of the Dominican Republic. We are located just west of Higuey, less than an hour?s drive from Punta Cana and La Romana. More information is available at Festival: El Fuego del Sol.

At the time of starting this thread in April of 2008, El Fuego del Sol is the Featured Entry at the National Geographic Geotourism Challenge. Since that link changes from time to time, Google: Geotourism Challenge for more information.

Our other media appearances including Conscious Choice Magazine and National Public Radio are documented at Festival: El Fuego del Sol.

Join our quest to improve the Dominican environment. We would love to hear from you.

can anyone give me a little more info on this please? I live in the Capital - have no camping equipment but would love to support this type of development, my spanish is passable,,, but on the phone... eh... so .. can I get there by public transport? do I have to bring all my own gear? Do they have cabins for rent? Food? what does it cost? etc ? etc? etc? etc? etc?

kevadair

Nov 9, 2007
Hello, MoutainAnnie,

Yes you can get to El Fuego del Sol by public transportation. Just take the public bus (guagua) from Parque Enrriquillo in Santo Domingo to Hig?ey. Get off the bus at the Basilica bus station. Call us and we?ll pick you up. There is public transportation directly to and from our property, but it is easier if we pick you up on your first trip to El Fuego del Sol. Cabins are US$30 per night for up to 2 people, but there are only 5 of them. Tent camping is US$25 per night for up to two people including the use of the tent. Extra adults are $10 each per night. Extra kids are $5 per night. Food is available for purchase on and off site, and we often cook food in Sun Ovens which we build in Hig?ey. We offer hiking and a wide variety of activities for day-trips. If you hike up the mountain, you can see the National Basilica in the distance. We are only 5km from the center of Hig?ey. We speak English, Spanish and French. Call Franky at 809-228-2464 to let us know you when are coming. Thanks.

Kevin Adair