Dominicano en la Bahia de California

elunicodominicano

Apr 10, 2008
QUE LO QUE MI GENTE! i wanna know whats up with the dominican population here in the San Fran/ Sac area, i've been out here 2 years now, and im bored outta my mind, not that i dont get along with others, just that coming from the east coast and being among my peoples, now im surrounded by little filipinos and their rice cookers, just thought i'd sent this out to see who's out there, gimmie a shout, we can hook up and go to a latin club, there are plenty out here for salsa and a few that got Bachata and Merengue, Reggaeton, y Salsa, so lets do this, and show them how Dominicans git down!

elunicodominicano

Apr 10, 2008
HAHAHA!, yeah man, i try to stay as busy as possible in the studio on the weekends or in the crib practicing on the tables o trabajando anything to take my mind off of everyone back home, hahah! Hows LA? i still aint been out there.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
HAHAHA!, yeah man, i try to stay as busy as possible in the studio on the weekends or in the crib practicing on the tables o trabajando anything to take my mind off of everyone back home, hahah! Hows LA? i still aint been out there.

I think you are like "El bacalao" el cuerpo aqui y la cabeza en Noruega.
hahah!!!

JJ.

ardelina

Jan 14, 2008
domincanos in the bay area

hey man, i'm in san diego but your post was so funny i'm still laughing my ass off :)
oye, i feel you man, i moved here from ny two years ago and though it's good, it's so freaking hard to see my people here. cuando se trata del caribe por estos lados, hay unos cuantos boricuas, pero para nada como los bori de nyc, they ones here are too white-washed if u know what i mean, ni saben espanol. y en cuanto a los nuestros, lo que hay es un club domincano pero that's not enough. by the way, i hear you with the filipinos and their rice cooker, my boyfriend is half filipino, half white, and that's the first thing his mom gave me when i met her, a rice cooker, she didnt know that the damn thing doesnt make concon, so i ended up bying una paila :)

Machucando

Dec 12, 2008
Bay Area Dominicano! Machucando

Anhaa! Takin it easy on the west coast. I live in Pleasanton, CA (Bay Area) now after moving through San Francisco, CA, to Lake Merritt Oakland, and now working in Stockton. I have been out here almost 3 years and met only 3 Dominicans. Crazy! The worst part is finding our Queso Tropical para freir. And Dang Platanos are like $2 a pound in CA when in NYC I was getting 10 huge platanos for a $1. Big shout out to Ma Dukes who always sends me Guandules and cheese with the homies coming across from da east coast.

alexander brugal

Apr 12, 2009
Oye mi gente que lo que, yo soy un Dominicano the Boston y ahora vivo en
san diego. Your post is funny, I'm new to this site, I wanna know what's good
With my Dominicans here in california. Get at me

alexander brugal

Apr 12, 2009
jaja

Oye mi gente que lo que, yo soy un Dominicano the Boston y ahora vivo en
san diego. Your post is funny, I'm new to this site, I wanna know what's good
With my Dominicans here in california. Get at me

patricia_acosta

Nov 2, 2009
Hola mi gente del area de la bahia!!!

Dominicanos que lo que... yo tambien vivo aca en el area de la bahia y me ha sido bien dificil reunirme con dominicanos por aca, anoche casualmente me reuni con el unico que conozco por aca... y estabamos pensando en ver como vamos reuniendo dominicanos para hacer un peque?os grupo para reunirnos y hacer actividades... asi que dame un toque a ver si ponemos eso en pie!

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Hola Patricia

You can find different threads with regards to Dominicans in L.A. here in this useful website; thanks to Robert and the entire crew that manage it. There is plenty of Dominicans in this side of the country.

310-880-6961

isv9001

Dec 20, 2007
Wazzup

I've been out here in California since 2002 and lived in the LA area for 5 years and then in the SF bay area for 2 years. I think that I met about 10 Dominicans in all of that time; mostly NYC transplants. I've met more boricuas (which is fine since my father is boricua and my mother is Dominican; I was born in NYC!)

I feel everyone's pain...no merengue tipico...the only bachata they play out here is the new Urban Latino stuff from Aventura and Xtreme. It's cool but it ain't the same. Fortunately, I fly to NYC about 4-8 times/year and hang out in the Heights.

Don't even get me started on flying to RD from the West Coast; it's hard! You have to connect somewhere back East; there is an American flight to San Juan, PR from LAX that you could use to hop over to RD but I think it's only on the weekend.

Pense en regresar a Nueva York pero creo que me voy a quedar aqui en California por mi carrera y por comodidad. Si regreso a Nueva York, se que no viviera como vivo aqui con mi auto, estacionamiento, casita, y el sol. La vida alla es muy estresante e intensa. Ya me acostumbre a los inviernos de aca. Evito regresar a NY desde enero hasta mayo. Imaginate! Me crie alla! Pense en mudarme a Miami...tal vez algun dia!

Bueno, voy a regresar a Los Angeles, CA y quiero saber exactamente a que se refieren con ???? la organizacion/grupo de dominicanos????

jcaliburr

Aug 1, 2009
Que lo que mi gente? Yo tambien estoy viviendo en California desde 2002. Yo vivo en Los Angeles con mi familia. El que quiera me puede mandar un mensaje a mi e-mail / myspace / facebook. Mi e-mail address es: j.cruz@yahoo.com

Lachuchi82

Mar 10, 2015
Hi! I'm Dominican and just moved here from Miami...what a culture shock. Porque la gente Aqui Es tan aburrida Dios miooooo bueno yo vivo en Tracy y quisiera conocer y saber donde esta mi gente.