Being Tested?

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
Hi, was the states and saw some very nice material for my daughters’ bed ( sheets and pillow cases ) thinking I could get the custom-made in the DR for little money. I found a shop in Santo Domingo ( Duarte district) explained the task and ask if I could get a professional job done there. Yeah, right, “ of course we can do this small job, we do many larger jobs than this without any complaints”. The couple spoke English, the” Professional measured and cut the material, I even brought the babys’ mattress to alleviate size problems. As agreed, I came back two hours later, nothing was done, spoke to the owner , professional got to work. First ,they cut the material too large for the mattress, then they sewed the cover onto the mattress fully enclosing the mattress ( how did they expect me to wash the cover [ hello baby bed , milk, drool, accidents] )? They said I did not ask for a zipper for the cover . I have seen and purchased mattress cover whereas the mattress cover had a slit opening for the mattress to come off and on. Then they made the top sheets ( SIX ) different sizes. I showed the owners, they said “ it’s our fault, the workers did the job “! They would not take responsibility for the mishap their employees caused
OUTRAGIOUS! I took the mattress ,cover, and sheets ( since I paid for the material ), let them know of my displeasure in no uncertain terms then left the store. As I threw the items in the car and was about to drive off, A member of the store staff came out and said the owners wanted payment for job. I told him was not complete and what was completed was incorrect. The owner wanted me to pay for the ATTEMP of their worker because, they tried their best. Pay for an attempt? Not from my wallet! Is this the norm on this island, or was I being tested.