Dominican Pilot In Arizona

ElPiloto

Apr 17, 2008
Hola mi gente.. I'm a Dominican pilot here in Arizona along with my roommate.... who is also a Dominican pilot. I don't know anyone else interested or even involved in Dominican aviation here in the west coast.. My uncle was a captain with Dominicana in and General in the Dominican Airforce at San Isidro.. Gral. Tejeda-Jaquez. I'm just dropping a note to meet my fellow DR1 people here in the left coast... Tirenme Tirenme Mi gente....

Blake

Jan 10, 2006
Sure!

El Piloto,

I'm an italian/american pilot in Florida, with famiy in La Vega. What did you have in mind? Recently the Dominican Aviation Authority had a booth at Sun'n'Fun in Lakeland and had some really info.....

PENJO

Apr 10, 2008
Hola mi gente.. I'm a Dominican pilot here in Arizona along with my roommate.... who is also a Dominican pilot. I don't know anyone else interested or even involved in Dominican aviation here in the west coast.. My uncle was a captain with Dominicana in and General in the Dominican Airforce at San Isidro.. Gral. Tejeda-Jaquez. I'm just dropping a note to meet my fellow DR1 people here in the left coast... Tirenme Tirenme Mi gente....

Howdy Partner!
Dominican/American and proud to be a Pilot as well. Reside in Philadelphia,PA. Interesting to see that the Dominican Authoritites had a display at Lakeland,FL., as I read in another post below. I am planning a trip down to Dominican to give my two children something to remember. At this point I am still negotiating rental/finances. I do no own a plane yet. I have sort of a time-share situation. Anyways, Pilot >10 yrs. actually in medicine.

Blake

Jan 10, 2006
www.flydominicanrepublic.com here is the link. The Dominican Republic is now FEE FREE for private pilots. The airport authority had a pretty good booth at Sun'n'Fun. I flew from orlando to santo dominigo and apart from the ATC not really understanding our approach into Las Americas, the customs and imigration aspect went smooth. I must mention, we had help from a friend of a friend to make sure the process went smoothly, he was there waiting on the ground for us and took us through the process, filing flight plan, customs and imigration, and FBO fees, without him it could have a disaster. But all in all the process was smooth. If you have any questions let me know.

Blake

Jan 10, 2006
Atct Sdq

Well yes they were guiding our approach, but I get the feeling that they do not have many piper cherokee 6's shooting approaches into their airport, I may be completely wrong, but that's how it seemed...once we were over turks and caicos we were vectored over puerto plata, STI then shot the ILS into SDQ. But the process on the ground is a major aspect in a seemless trip, otherwise fly commercial if the its too much hassle, especially given the prives of avgas recently. All in all, worth doing again with the right group...Daniel