Does anyone know what's being built east of Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
There's a long stretch of ocean front land on the main road about 3km out of town that's been cleared and has had a chain link fence installed along the road. They're in the process of preparing building foundations. Very pretty setting and I think could remain so if buildings not too densely constructed.

Does anyone know what's being built there?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I understand that Miracle Mile is being built on the road that goes east along the beach from the hotels within Camino del Sol. I haven't driven down there to confirm for myself.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Here is the project you are talking about:

Palmera DR

The Miracle Mile project is on the dirt road just before La Boca...and just after the fairly large project being built called Villas Tropicale, which is pretty far along...also on that road is a smaller project called Oasis. They have cleared the land and built an entrance/wall.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I've not looked at the floor plans yet, but the site plan itself is probably the best that I've seen here on the north coast. Looks like lots of open area and that all apts should have a nice view of the ocean & mountains.

Any idea the price ranges?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
It looks like the development of Cabarete is entering a new, very promesing and exciting phase.

Yes, thanks DavidZ.. Palmera looks like it is raising the bar to an even higher level than anything currently on the North Coast, and I imagine the price tag that will go along with owning there.

Excellent promotional video and a virtual tour video that reminds me of a Pixar production.

Forget the North Coast, it seems to raise the bar higher than anything West of Punta Cana.

Their "Destination Video" looks better than anything the Deparmtent of Tourism has ever put out, and it doesn't even include images of Punta Cana!

They also have a very well done Cabarete Info page and Image Gallery of Greater Cabarete

I really like the following renderings, ..

Marbella Building

View Through Unit Terrace

Site Plan

Beach Viewing Detail

Architect

Resort Architecture & Design Ltd.
When building a slice of paradise, the importance of selecting the right architect can not be overstated. From the very beginning, it was obvious that Resort Architectural & Design Ltd., an award-winning firm based in Miami, was the right choice. RAD has created stunning hotels and resorts the world over.. We are proud to say that Palmera is sure to be another breathtaking addition to their portfolio.

Landscape Architects

SWA Group
Having designed several large resorts, the principals of RAD have
worked with a wide array of landscape architects. In their minds,
there was only one choice for Palmera. The SWA Group is an
award-winning landscape architecture and urban design firm that
has worked on projects all over the world

Interior Designer

Living Interior Design
For a more personal touch, we’ve partnered with one of interior design’s
most distinguished firms, Living Interior Design, to outfit the villas with luxurious decor and furnishings. LID excels at creating elegant, fluid spaces infused with both modern pieces and antiques to produce a casual chic style best defined as a clean look with no clutter.
__

Well done, and beautiful all around.

Last edited:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
on a side note, does anyone know what the photo shoot some days ago in Cabarete was all about, ..

2375635958_25a1279e60.jpg

Two models in a fashion shoot at Cabaret?, a kitesurfing town on the
highway near sosua.
(source)

Vetania

Apr 22, 2008
La Boca

The one big development on the bad road to La Boca is a Canadian one. It is an Italian from Hamilton who is doing the funding and work. I suggested he might repair the road before the project opens. Have some photos of La Boca on my web site MervsDRinsider.com Enjoy

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
The one big development on the bad road to La Boca is a Canadian one. It is an Italian from Hamilton who is doing the funding and work. I suggested he might repair the road before the project opens. Have some photos of La Boca on my web site MervsDRinsider.com Enjoy

Nice web site!... but I stopped reading it when I read this in the Cabarete section: " I loved the IRISH pub and restaurant called O'Shea's , look for it."...
Jose O'Shea's is one of the worst thing that happened to the nice environment in Cabarete and a complete Rip Off. Huge tourist-trap but unfortunately it seems to do good - I mean Irish pub on the beach, before it was a cool CARRIBBEAN place there. I loose faith in the human intelligence, when people travel down to Carribbean to drink Guinness.... It is like going to US to visit Mc Donalds.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
What??????

Nice web site!... but I stopped reading it when I read this in the Cabarete section: " I loved the IRISH pub and restaurant called O'Shea's , look for it."...
Jose O'Shea's is one of the worst thing that happened to the nice environment in Cabarete and a complete Rip Off. Huge tourist-trap but unfortunately it seems to do good - I mean Irish pub on the beach, before it was a cool CARRIBBEAN place there. I loose faith in the human intelligence, when people travel down to Carribbean to drink Guinness.... It is like going to US to visit Mc Donalds.

O'Shea's a great place to party...When you are in Cabarete for 6 months out of the year, it is nice to have different styles of entertainment and foods. That is the beauty of Cabarete, the different types of restaurants; Italian, German, French, Irish, etc..., amongst the typical Dominican ones, and the different types of bars. You have a choice and you enjoy the change.
All these have not altered the feeling that you have while enjoying a nice evening on the tropical beach. This diversity is what attracts tourists and investors to our little paradise...

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
What???

O'Shea's a great place to party...When you are in Cabarete for 6 months out of the year, it is nice to have different styles of entertainment and foods. That is the beauty of Cabarete, the different types of restaurants; Italian, German, French, Irish, etc..., amongst the typical Dominican ones, and the different types of bars. You have a choice and you enjoy the change.
All these have not altered the feeling that you have while enjoying a nice evening on the tropical beach. This diversity is what attracts tourists and investors to our little paradise...

"O'Shea's a great place to party..." I assume you are not local. Some beers the 17th of Mars is enough.

Miko

May 23, 2003
don't forget the septic buried in the beach. A night job done on a weekend

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Some of the designs really remind me for what was planned to be built in Luperon a few years ago - but never got underway.
Something like Atlantico I think it was called?

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
"O'Shea's a great place to party..." I assume you are not local. Some beers the 17th of Mars is enough.

I guess 6 months is not considered as being local, but it might explain why I like diversity, and Cabarete is certainly diversified.

russboy

Mar 7, 2008
Perhaps the Russians will take advantage of this situation since I understand it is relatively close to their new brothel of $2K US per night imported hookers. ;)
Can you be more specific - where exactly is Russian brothel there? I want to visit. Do they have a web page? Please!
:devious:

Status
Not open for further replies.