Eden H

Sany

Oct 2, 2007
Hi all,
I plan to visit Punta Cana for another time and I?m faced again with which hotel to choose from. For my first trip I stayed at the Melia Tropical - which was ok and second was Caribe/Tropical princess- which I strongly disliked, and would never go back- well unless it was a free trip. The Eden H seems very attractive being that it?s new and the reviews aren?t bad, but I?d like to know more; especially about Bavaro Princess, Grand Palladium, Paradisus and the Occidental Grand. Can anyone shed some light please? Also, is anyone aware of the distance between the Eden H and the El Cortecito Inn?Or any recommendations on apart-hotels in the vicinity of these hotels? Thank you in advance for your time and responses.

S

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I was at the Edenh last week. this is a very quiet resort. if you are single and looking for party. forget it. nothing to do after dinner. if you have children, forget it, nothing to do for them. this is a very romantic hotel for couples.
the hotel is new, so, everything look very clean. rooms are nice (not privace inside), the beach, is maybe the best in the area.
food is just ok. very plain and cold. the a la carte restaurant is a joke. not reservation requiered, so be prepare to wait for hours to have dinner.
drinks are good. they have some premiun liquoer in the AI. like baylees, dewar, etc.
everybody is very friendly, and try hard to help you. they just dont have much experience and sometimes it looks desorganize for a 5 stars resort-
if you are looking for a very neat resort, quiet and romantic place, good music for relax (they play ambient music all day long) this is a place for you.
but if you are single looking for party and good food go to Majestic, Ocean Blue or Bahia principe. all of them in the same range of price.

onthecoast

Mar 3, 2008
I have stayed at the Edenh 4 times this year. Its price point is excellent and the resort is very pretty. I love the location. The beach is great. I thought there was alot of night life. I guess it depends on how busy the hotel is. We had a few nights late night until 3am...dancing up at the Tantra Bar (rooftop bar). I would also recommend the Paradisus. My personal favorite. I have stayed at the Palma Real 4 times and at the Paradisus Punta Cana once this year. The Paradisus Palma Real is luxury. Its quiet and relaxing. The Paradisus Punta Cana is very nice. Very tropical. The rooms need updated but they have a great beach, food is good and their is always a party! I am looking to go to the Melia Caribe in September...any thoughts on that property from you since you've stayed there?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
OnTheCoast,
9 visits to punta cana resorts only this year?,
you should consider to purchase a Condo or Villa or such, ha ha.
yes, the EdenH is a great spot to stay and run's it's services and outfit/looking/played music aso very different to the rest of the resorts in the area.
i would also recommend it just to the couples looking for a romantic hangout spot on a top beach area with good service. opinions about food always vary a lot, i myself like the restaurants, but each has his own favorites, that can not be discussed. in case of a top royal service at the same beautiful Bavaro Beach Bay i would recommend the Paradisus Palma Real, an AI resort can not do better than that one.
if you travel with kids you should take the Melia Caribe/Tropical, their Flintstones club is top for kiddies, located at the same property than the Paradisus Palma Real, same great beach area, the EdenH btw is located right aside the Paradisus Palma Real, so they share the same top Bavaro Beach Bay.
an other top Royal srevice resort in the area is the Catalonia Royal located in Cabeza de Toro, top quiet beach with very good snorkeling right from the hotel's beach without the need of an excursion, and the Catalonia Royal beach is the only one in the whole area completely without boat traffic in front of the marked swimming areas, so no problem to have a swim away from the beach, it's bay is very shallow, free of dangerous undertows, just perfect.
the Gran Palladium is a huge monster of a resort, top services in all price ranges, but depending on where you stay at the resort you may need to use their Tram to move from lobby to room or beach aso, but a really good one.
Mike

onthecoast

Mar 3, 2008
Hey Mike...looked at condos but really love staying at the resorts with the AI option. Maybe someday. ...who knows! I agree with all you stated in the previous thread about each resort...hope you have a great trip Sany!