New condos at Windsurf Resort, Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Has anyone noticed if the new buildings next to the Windsurf Resort (the piece of land at the Pro-Cab entrance) have been started?

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
It started about 6 months ago, then stoped. I haven't seen any movement in about 4 months. I guess still looking for more investers. I'm talking about the new building just as you go int Pro Cab.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Right on Calle Principale, yes. Although I don't know where on the lot they would have begun construction. Logically they would have begun the street side units first to get attention.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
There is absolutely no progress in that area. It looks like there will be something built eventually.
However, the site across the street looks good. Workers were on the roof today (Sunday) to attach strapping for tiles.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
It started about 6 months ago, then stoped. I haven't seen any movement in about 4 months. I guess still looking for more investers. I'm talking about the new building just as you go int Pro Cab.

I thought it might have something to do with the swamp behind Alis surfcamp.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Thank you. RE: snowbird: "the site across the street" ?? I haven't been down in over a year, so what site are you talking about please? The ocean side? the old supermarket site toward the school?

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Thank you. RE: snowbird: "the site across the street" ?? I haven't been down in over a year, so what site are you talking about please? The ocean side? the old supermarket site toward the school?

There are condos being built on the same side as Janet's, just before the new sports bar which used to be Tony's Pizza e Via. I believe the access to the condos will be from the alley that leads to La Alegria and Sanscouci apartments.
I'll try and take pics on my way to Janet's next time I go.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
I took these on my way to Janet's this morning. Building site across the street from the entrance to Pro-Cab.

Cabarete07-08158.jpg

Cabarete07-08159.jpg

Cabarete07-08160.jpg

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for the pix

That certainly helps me grasp what's going on. Cabarete will be unrecognizable in a few more years. For better or for worse.

Now, about that by-pass???????

Status
Not open for further replies.