Velero or El Magnifico

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhauger

Nov 24, 2005
I am coming down to Cabarete for a few days at the end of may. I am trying to decide which of these two places to stay. My main question is. Is Velero worth the extra $128 over El Magnifico?

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Both are beautiful places. At the end of May you can try them both out, as it's low season. Velero has a lot more on-site facilities and no graveyard, if that bothers you, to overlook, and nicer sea views as well. Some find the cemetery at Magnifico a bother, I find it 'quaint', but not all do of course. Velero has spectacular penthouses of 200 M2.
They both have their attractions and you can't go wrong with either. Both are lux and if you want good, these 2 are just that. I like Velero's management better, but all of this is very subjective of course.
I'm not invested in any way with either of them, BTW.

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
My preference.

I am coming down to Cabarete for a few days at the end of may. I am trying to decide which of these two places to stay. My main question is. Is Velero worth the extra $128 over El Magnifico?

I like the el Magnifico, stayed there 4 or 5 times. Make sure you eat at the restaurant "Otro Coso" (may have spelled it wrong) which is on the ocean between the two places.

slomichael

Aug 12, 2006
In May for the price of a hotel room at Velero you can have a one-bedroom suite @ El Mag. You do not have the direct view of Cabarete bay at El Mag however many of the units have wonderful ocean views. Also the grounds at El Magnifico are absolutely beautiful.

Some have indicated that the graveyard (which you can see from the upper floors at El Mag) is a distraction, however I think it is a lovely site and fits in well with the overall design of the property.

I have stayed at El Mag many times and it is my favorite place to stay (anywhere, not just in Cabarete).

Don’t get me wrong, Velero is also a wonderful site, it is just when people from Velero visit our room at El Mag they are impressed at both the quality and cost differences.

Also May is a good time to go as the prices are reasonable as there are few visitors.

Yahoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.