Buying in Pueblo Bavaro...

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Hello all,

Looking for some advice on Pueblo Bvaro....I am tired of renting and making other people rich...So I have decided that it's time that I buy my own unit for the same rate or lower that Downtown Bavaro rent.

With that said, I was wondering what current prices are like in Pueblo Bavaro. Can I still find a decent home(2 beds) or condo around 60 to 70k???

I have heard not to deal with the sales office, as their prices are nearly double, rather it's better to deal directly with the developers...

Is is too late, or can I still find something affordable ?

THANKS !!!

P.S. Any contacts for Pueblo Bavaro would be much appreciated !!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
you still find what you're looking for for the mentioned rates.
it is not true that you face a double+ rate when dealing with the sales office of pueblo bavaro, it is sometimes the opposite.
i have several friends living in pueblo bavaro and i am looking for a own appartment there myself for me the wife and the boys to move there til summer, til now the sales office been the most helpful part and they are not increasing the rates, they are just not working with all the lad/condo/house-owners at the pueblo bavaro residence. many owners/constructors/sellers are working with their own lawyer to sell/rent their property, and those lawyers are the ones making the big bucks out of any rent/sales. til now i feel myself in better hands with their sales office than with the "constructors/lawyers", but please don't nail me on that like a "Law".
are you living down here, would not be a prob to meet and discuss the common stuff with a cold one aside, i am myself not the big pro with the property stuff neither, but own severals since years so the pos and neg experience is here and no prob to share.
have fun
Mike
btw
no prob to PM me or drop me a e-mail on mike@mikesmarina.info

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
for a 2 bedroom i'm pretty sure nothing under 100K is worth looking at. the cheapest decent 2 bedroom i looked at around 5-6 months ago was going for 135K.

Picante

Jul 23, 2008
I'm in Pueblo Bavaro now. The prices are still $60 - $70K through realtors.
The best thing to is to walk around and check out which condos you are interested in cuz there are lots for sale, all through different realtors. There are also many developments in construction.

I think this area is going to be the fastest on the rise.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it will be a huge city at the end,
they start new constructions every month and they grow very fast.
for the upcoming school year pueblo bavaro also has a new(new in bavaro, well known on the Isle) private school "Calasanz", now they have a very good run supermarket on site, there are new amenities added every month. when checking my prior post above from 1 1/2 years ago you see that i looked myself to move there, i finally did not because the rates been a year and a half ago still too high for a place which back then still did not have enough amenities for the daily life, so i moved back down on the beach where i still am and stay.
but today i would have no problem to move there.
the residence is licated on the main street so you are in the middle to drive everywhere, 12-15 minutes to bavaro, 15 minutes to the airport, 35 minutes to Higuey.
their rental rates dropped a lot during the last months for very good equipped/furniched brand new properties, houses and appartments.

if you plan to buy and rent then to somebody else keep in mind that rental rates dropped a huge amount here in the area since december 2008.

if you plan to purchase to live there on your own it is a good time to do so.
also if you plan to just rent and not to buy, i don't think those rental rates can drop much more downwards than they are today.
Mike