What's a muela and how do recognize them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
The other day I received a bizarre email from a Dominican man and I had to show it another Dominican male for a cultural interpretation. Without miguel around on DR1, I had to consult with someone from the blogosphere.

He said, "Do you want know what we call that?" Of course I wanted to know.

He said, "That's a muela." It's something we say to women, when we have some ulterior motive for example we want to get in your pants." So I asked him, what do I reply to get the message across. He said, "No me des muelas." That will make his jaw drop and he'll know you're getting advice from a Dominican. I sent it without a full understanding of all the implications and I haven't heard from the guy since.... that was a couple day ago. LOL

I used to be able to count of miguel for advice and now he's on vacation. What ever that means!!? I need the advice of a Dominican man and this being an English forum, we don't exactly have many Dominican men who will come down here with the bottom feeders. Who's going to come down to Mars and Venus forum!? Who will tell me straight out what's what in the mind of the Dominican male, whether I like it or not? I need an expert, someone who knows the ins and outs of muelas. Who better than a Dominican man who has heard them from women and who knows how to fashion his own muelas?

Where's Miguel when I need him? I did a search and his name came up. He has the answers, bring them on!

This question is for anyone who has the experience in recognizing Dominican muelas from men or women.

What's a muela? And how do you recognize them?
Examples, experience and strategies for dealing with them.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Margaret, sounds like you have a great friend that helped you with this already.

It doesnt matter if it is said in English or Spanish or in Dominican Muela: if it sounds too good to be true, it is!

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
The other day I received a bizarre email from a Dominican man and I had to show it another Dominican male for a cultural interpretation. Without miguel around on DR1, I had to consult with someone from the blogosphere.

He said, "Do you want know what we call that?" Of course I wanted to know.

He said, "That's a muela." It's something we say to women, when we have some ulterior motive for example we want to get in your pants." So I asked him, what do I reply to get the message across. He said, "No me des muelas." That will make his jaw drop and he'll know you're getting advice from a Dominican. I sent it without a full understanding of all the implications and I haven't heard from the guy since.... that was a couple day ago. LOL

I used to be able to count of miguel for advice and now he's on vacation. What ever that means!!? I need the advice of a Dominican man and this being an English forum, we don't exactly have many Dominican men who will come down here with the bottom feeders. Who's going to come down to Mars and Venus forum!? Who will tell me straight out what's what in the mind of the Dominican male, whether I like it or not? I need an expert, someone who knows the ins and outs of muelas. Who better than a Dominican man who has heard them from women and who knows how to fashion his own muelas?

Where's Miguel when I need him? I did a search and his name came up. He has the answers, bring them on!

This question is for anyone who has the experience in recognizing Dominican muelas from men or women.

What's a muela? And how do you recognize them?
Examples, experience and strategies for dealing with them.

My first thought when reading this was why would anyone respond to an email such as this?.......But after a little consideration the answer was self evident!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dar Muela = It is basically bull doo doo to get into your pants. You have a good friend there. It is a "line" , like what the sankies use to get those poor girls all hot and bothered...

Thank your friend for being so clear...

HB

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Margaret, you are probably expecting a long dissertation or a 4-page letter like your friend likes to write... but this one is pretty easy and easier to spot.

Anytime your name can be interchanged with anyone else's in a guy's conversation or actions, thats a muela. Always think: what makes me so special that this dude fell head over heels in love with me over the span of ONE conversation or meeting me for the first time?

Where are the cameras? Where's Ashton Kutcher? Am I on TV?

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Talldrink, unfortunately I need some intensive training in Dominican muela recognition. There "lines" right? You mention 3 types. English, Spanish and Dominican muela. So then you're saying Dominicans have their own style? Can you elaborate on that?

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Yeah, they are smoother, speak closer to you, and say exactly what you want to hear in explicit ways. What do you do? Move back and stay away - unless you want your personal space invaded, then thats another story...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Maragret I have a great deal for you, they found land in the middle of Lake Ontario.

Margaret tu eres mi vida y yo no puedo vivir sin ti a mi lado.

Both are total BS but one is very personal and more blinding than the first.

After being here this long I can't beleive you don't know BS when you hear it.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
"Muela" is the actual verbal con. As in, "He gives good muela".

"Muelu" is the guy who is spewing this nonsense, thinking you are too stupid and love-starved to tell that he is being insincere. As in, "That muelu really has his act down cold".

There is no "special type" of muela that dominicans engage in-its' the same smooth-talking crap players from all countries use to get what they want.

Its effectiveness relies more on the ignorance of the victim than any "special powers" that some people think muelus possess.

These fools have been endowed svengali-type status because it really doesn't take much to bamboozle some of their "victims", who sometimes seem all too eager to fall for their lies.

You do not need to wear cloves of garlic around your neck and a religious amulet to ward these vampires off. A simple "Go Away" in whichever language you speak is more than enough.

Margaret, you don't need strategies to deal with these guys. Just stay away from them and try to find a meaningful relationship at home.

Last edited:

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Of course I know the basics of lines, I heard all those lines Anna years ago having "eyes the colour of the sky"...the sea etc. LOL They're very flattering but transparent and empty.
Tu eres mi vida y yo no puedo vivir sin ti a mi lado.
My ex-husband said that just before we split, I probablly should have listened to him and I wouldn't have to live my highschool experience so late in life.

This was a little different. A response in one email that was a muela essentially that basically agreed with some points in another unacknowleged email and proposed something even more ridiculous. A muela in hopes of keeping the door open. But yes, Hillbilly a good friend indeed. Told me he was "a typical Dominican specimen." And Talldrink, thank goodness I don't have the non-verbal communication added into the mix!

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
"Muela" is the actual verbal con. As in, "He gives good muela".

"Muelu" is the guy who is spewing this nonsense, thinking you are too stupid and love-starved to tell that he is being insincere. As in, "That muelu really has his act down cold".

There is no "special type" of muela that dominicans engage in-its' the same smooth-talking crap players from all countries use to get what they want.

Its effectiveness relies more on the ignorance of the victim than any "special powers" that some people think muelus possess.

These fools have been endowed svengali-type status because it really doesn't take much to bamboozle some of their "victims", who sometimes seem all too eager to fall for their lies.

You do not need to wear cloves of garlic around your neck and a religious amulet to ward these vampires off. A simple "Go Away" in whichever language you speak is more than enough.

Margaret, you don't need strategies to deal with these guys. Just stay away from them and try to find a meaningful relationship at home.

Yes, I agree. I'm not interested in a long distance relationship and I use Hillbilly's rules there and at home. I find them effective in keeping me out of trouble. But it was the first time I heard this term "muela" and I was curious to learn more about it's use since it's seems to be more widespread or perhaps more developed in the Dominican Republic. But if you say Berzin that ALL players use them everywhere, equally as well, then I'll take your word for it since you have more experience with it than I do. We English speakers don't have such a terminology though (meula, meulu, etc.) Sounds like a science. :cheeky:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Doesn't it just mean the same as 'sweet talk/er', 'smooth talk/er' or 'bullsh!t/ter'?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Doesn't Dar Muela also mean anyone trying to get something from you or get out of trouble by bullsh!ting you or smooth talking you. It could be male or female and doesn't have to be sexual.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, I agree. I'm not interested in a long distance relationship and I use Hillbilly's rules there and at home. I find them effective in keeping me out of trouble. But it was the first time I heard this term "muela" and I was curious to learn more about it's use since it's seems to be more widespread or perhaps more developed in the Dominican Republic. But if you say Berzin that ALL players use them everywhere, equally as well, then I'll take your word for it since you have more experience with it than I do. We English speakers don't have such a terminology though (meula, meulu, etc.) Sounds like a science. :cheeky:

Don't we say something like "blowing smoke up your axx "

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
if you are in a dentist's office and he is talking about "muela". Hahahaha don't confuse him for giving you a muela. He really means business.
AZB

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
But he wont be GIVING her a muela!! LOL

Margaret, you seem to take some folks words as bond... is this so? and why???

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
We English speakers don't have such a terminology though (meula, meulu, etc.) Sounds like a science. :cheeky:

Yes we do. A player, a hustler, a pimp-any of those guys, if they are good at what they do, "have game".

If a guy can sweet talk a woman, he has a great "rap", or a great "game".

Or, if you prefer a more vulgar term, a guy who gets all the women knows how to "mack the hoes".

Its' not a science, like I told you-don't give these guys so much credit. And its' not about confidence-its' about over confidence.

Some women are swayed by a guy who is aggressive in such a tigre fashion.

It plays into some womens' desires to be chased, as opposed to meeting someone and speaking as friends on even terms.

So if that approach impresses some women, they will be in heaven with these type of guys.

Last edited:

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
But he wont be GIVING her a muela!! LOL

Margaret, you seem to take some folks words as bond... is this so? and why???

No, not at all Talldrink. I'm actually very skeptical and a hard nut to crack. I do however have a great respect for other people's insight and often ask for a second opinion from my friends. But in the end, I make my own decisions and trust my own instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.