Rafting in Jarabacoa

nikkanny

Jun 5, 2007
What is the best excursion company for a day rafting trip in Jarabacoa? Or is it better to find out locally once you are there? Please HELP!!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I went with Rancho Baguete around 4 years ago. Professional, good instructions and safety eqt.

Matilda

TimH

Aug 4, 2004
www.guesthouse-jarabacoa.com
Basically it is the same deal. The days of bloodshed when there were three companies competing (Get Wet, Rancho Jarabacoa, Rancho Baiguate) are definetly over. With Get Wet long gone and Rancho Baiguate controlling everything thanks to the power of money I feel sometimes more sympathy for Rancho Jarabacoa. Running on a much smaller scale they got my underdog bonus.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Basically it is the same deal. The days of bloodshed when there were three companies competing (Get Wet, Rancho Jarabacoa, Rancho Baiguate) are definetly over. With Get Wet long gone and Rancho Baiguate controlling everything thanks to the power of money I feel sometimes more sympathy for Rancho Jarabacoa. Running on a much smaller scale they got my underdog bonus.
Doesn't Dos Rios also do rafting? Or are they hooked with someone else?

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Rancho Baiguate in December 2007 was very accomodating with a waterfall tour allowing me to "charter" a driver and truck for $27USD for just me and my ATF. They said they wanted 4 people, I said 2 and I'll pay for 4......the owner said, "NO, you only have to pay for THREE! The truck and driver is yours!" We were gone ALL DAY!

Next day did a rafting tour with them, great attention to familiarization, safety and customer assistance.......Guide Danny is great fun, a wildman.....ladies keep an eye on your daughters!

Highly recommend !

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Jarabacoa - Rafting

I went with Rancho Baguete around 4 years ago. Professional, good instructions and safety eqt.

Matilda

Agreed - I have been with them three times - I am always impressed with the instructor/guides and the safety.

:cheeky: Rio

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Rancho Baguete - First Class

I agree they are the best organized company that I have seen here in DR. I just returned this past weekend and apart from the fact that the river level was low, the raft operators are excellant and funny. The cost was US$50 each and can be booked on line or at thier facility. It includes a breakfast and great Dominican Lunch after your rafting. During lunch you will be shown a video of your day (US$35) and also they display 5x8 photos of your rafting journey for US$5. The tour leaves at 10am and returns 3pm, but be there before 9am.
I also did the horse back / waterfall ride which was fun as you have 1 hour of swimming at the waterfall site and you get to meet some locals along the way

Google rancho baquete for any additional info......

kristen

Jan 17, 2009
rafting

Can anyone tell me history on rancho jarabacoa rafting company, who owns it locals ??????approx # employees, I understand it is smaller then the other company that does rafting and that is it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Can anyone tell me history on rancho jarabacoa rafting company, who owns it locals ??????approx # employees, I understand it is smaller then the other company that does rafting and that is it.
webmacon has direct knowledge of Rancho Baiguate. Nice folks.