V A Benefits

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
Is it possible to have your VA check direct deposited into a Dominican Bank account here?

BIZC8

Dec 21, 2006
Re: VA Benefits

Straight from https://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/foreign/forfaq.htm#1

1. Is Direct Deposit available in foreign countries?

Direct deposit in the traditional sense is not available outside of the United States and Canada. There are foreign banks that have branches in the United States through which direct deposit can be established. Direct your funds to the U.S. branch via electronic funds transfer from the U.S. Treasury and the U.S. branch will transfers the money to the foreign branch. In some instances, the process takes a few days longer than the normal EFT, but, it is still quicker than having checks mailed overseas through the Department of State or International Priority Airmail. Generally, the Department of State and Priority Airmail methods of check delivery take between 5 and 10 days longer than delivery in the United States.

I would strongly recommend you open an account with Citibank, Bank of Nova Scotia, Banco Popular or Chase Manhattan Bank as those are banks that I believe have working branches in the DR.

Hope to have answered your question.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Last time I checked Banco Popular US, Citibank and Chase in the USA did not have a direct relationship with the DR banks for personal banking.
Perhaps that has recently changed.