Strip clubs in Puerto Plata??

Moose93

Feb 27, 2008
I will be there in early May and wanted to know of where are the best strip clubs over there?? Thanks.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Er - ok then - ill go.

In Puerto Plata I would try either Crystals or El Bohem.
Not quite the same as the strip clubs in London - or in fact anywhere in the UK - but if you fancy a place to have a drink and watch some booty shakeing in that environment - those would be the two clubs I would go to.

Have fun.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Sorely missed!

they both are way overpriced but if that's your thing, go for it.

Kyle

You have been "conspicuous by your absence" and I thought if there was ever a thread to bring you out - it was this one! I was right! I need some cheering up today.

:cheeky:

Rio

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Hey Kyle,

Im just a tourist - and assume the OP is as well or else he would know better.
Just out of interest - where would you go?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
they both are way overpriced but if that's your thing, go for it.

Yeap, little less than 3 US for drink at Cristal..extremely overpriced huh? I am sure the Europeans will be outraged by that price. ehrrm... I am amazed how often expats complain about how expensive it is in DR. Have u completely lost contact with your home country?

I think Cristal is better than Bohem. As classy as it gets here.

Then Kyle, u r right. The colmados are cheaper. U could buy your Carta Dorada and a bottle of coke and enjoy watching the dry crackers. I myself think the entertainment is better at Cristal, but that is just my preference.

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
if you're only drinking, then it's not that expensive. i can go into detail in a pm..:laugh:
i like cristal better myself.
where would i go instead of a strip club ? a whole lot of other places....

btw, i'm a tourist. one who likes to partake in the riches of the DR about 3-4 times a year when i'm not in Central America...:cheeky:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
When you guys are refering to "strip clubs" are you talking about an establishment where girls dance on stage or dance on your lap??? Or is those places in Puerto Plata just whore houses??

IMO, I can't see why Dominicans would throw their hard earned pesos away at a girl dancing on stage or spending more while she dances on his lap with his hands in his pockets. I mean come on, even the motoconcho gets plenty of "tail" in this country.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
When you guys are refering to "strip clubs" are you talking about an establishment where girls dance on stage or dance on your lap??? Or is those places in Puerto Plata just whore houses??

IMO, I can't see why Dominicans would throw their hard earned pesos away at a girl dancing on stage or spending more while she dances on his lap with his hands in his pockets. I mean come on, even the motoconcho gets plenty of "tail" in this country.

It is a mix of the three of them, Cristal anyway. Your choice. Some go there with their girlfriend have a drink and enjoy the entertainment... Girls pay 150 pesos for entrance though...men do not. U got to love DR.

Richer dominicans go there, when they need freedom from their wife I guess. After all they are men and dominicans.

Moose93

Feb 27, 2008
Er - ok then - ill go.

In Puerto Plata I would try either Crystals or El Bohem.
Not quite the same as the strip clubs in London - or in fact anywhere in the UK - but if you fancy a place to have a drink and watch some booty shakeing in that environment - those would be the two clubs I would go to.

Have fun.

Are these two places exclusively strip clubs or are they like Passions and Illusiones in Santiago where youcan tip them but you can also take them home with you??

When you say overpriced what exactly do you mean?? How much would a bottle of Grey Goose cost me, I know in Passions (which is the best in Santiago) would run me about $100 US.

Thanks!!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I haven't spent much time at either Crystal's or El Bohen, but my observation would be that Crystal's (which is Dominican managed but American owned) is the closest thing in the area to a North-American style strip club, in that you can walk in and actually see women dancing on stage and taking off their clothes. (The "difference" of course is that they are openly available for sex). Never saw any stripping going on in the couple of times I have been inside El Bohen (Dominican owned and operated), but I guess that doesn't mean they don't have it. I'm not sure if they even have a stage.

By DOMINICAN standards, drinks (and girls) are expensive at both places, which I'm sure is what Kyle is referring to.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Drinks are more expensive on the beach in Cabarete than in Cristals. The women in Cristals are some of the prettiest on the North Coast.

They also have a pool and a Spa there. I would recommend this one over the other if is this is your thing.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Drinks are more expensive on the beach in Cabarete than in Cristals. The women in Cristals are some of the prettiest on the North Coast.

They also have a pool and a Spa there. I would recommend this one over the other if is this is your thing.

We went in there ones daytime and that is not the Cristal that I in my first post in this thread called "as classy as it gets in DR"... Not to recommend. Friday and Saturday nights are by far the best days to go.

Then, these places are cruel. Ones we talked to girl, she was saying they had no salary, they only get paid when they did some dance for the clients or get laid upstairs (No, I have not been there...) We bought her a santo though... This means that only the nice girls get laid, only they get paid (I think they have some prof. dancers that get paid for dance, but that is very few of them)...meaning they have a natural process of getting rid of the girls that become ugly or fat... Cruel, cruel world. Model and whore - the only professions where experience is a minus?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
OK, now that coupon has piqued my curiosity. It says they are open every night til 5 AM??????

Even before the law changed, they closed at 2. Have they now received a special dispensation?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
i think this is to deter the foreign lesbian tourists from taking the girls from the men...:paranoid:

Actually, the cover charge for women is to deter "independent contractors" from coming in and stealing business from the house girls.

Last edited: