Need info on flights to the UK

missp

May 19, 2006
Hi everyone. I need to find a flight home in mid may for me and my husband - we can fly from pretty much any airport in DR but would prefer Punta Cana - the complication is it has to be a direct one way flight from here to the UK. Im from Newcastle but i could fly to Manchester or anywhere in the UK really if it came down to it. I could allways take a transfer once im there. But it has to be direct from here to there, and it goes without saying, as cheap as possible!!!

Please i would appreciate any advise and airlines that youve used or can be used...as soon as possible.

Thanks again
:squareeye

louise1182

Jul 10, 2006
It can be done!

My husband flew direct from Puerto Plata to London Gatwick about 18 months ago.
He flew with First choice. You need to visit the First Choice head office in person to book your ticket as they will not allow you to do it over the phone. I believe you can only book to travel within 2 weeks so they wont let you book too far in advance.

Not sure if there is a First Choice office local to you if not then you could try the one in POP. I think also that there prices are fixed. Cant quite remember but im sure we paid between ?200 & ?250 max.

Some airlines will not allow you to book a flight from them if you did not use them on the outward leg. I know that monarch wanted to see proof that my husband travelled to pop on a chartered flight. he couldn,t show it coz he had thrown away his outward ticket! lol

Anyway hope this helps. Let me know how it goes coz i need to book a flight for my sister in law to fly home with us on 9th june.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi everyone. I need to find a flight home in mid may for me and my husband - we can fly from pretty much any airport in DR but would prefer Punta Cana - the complication is it has to be a direct one way flight from here to the UK. Im from Newcastle but i could fly to Manchester or anywhere in the UK really if it came down to it. I could allways take a transfer once im there. But it has to be direct from here to there, and it goes without saying, as cheap as possible!!!

Please i would appreciate any advise and airlines that youve used or can be used...as soon as possible.

Thanks again
:squareeye

I did post some details in response to another thread very recently with regard to a similar question but the right offers only seem to be available at certain times. Having said that, I have a friend who has booked a one way flight from Punta Cana to London Gatwick for 8th May at a cost IRO ?160 and another from Puerto Plata to Manchester for 14th May for ?176 - both flights were booked via the Thomsonfly.com - The low fares airline. From 20 UK airports to over 80 destinations - Homepage website. Good searching missp....

Last edited: