Sex Toys through customs...

BostonGuy

Apr 28, 2008
My fiance and I are coming to Punta Cana for our first real vacation together. We were thinking that we might bring some sex toys with us but then questioned if it was legal or if we would have trouble getting through customs. I know this is a weird question, but I really am hoping that someone can give us some inside information. We are flying into PJU airport.

Thanks!

-T

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
My fiance and I are coming to Punta Cana for our first real vacation together. We were thinking that we might bring some sex toys with us but then questioned if it was legal or if we would have trouble getting through customs. I know this is a weird question, but I really am hoping that someone can give us some inside information. We are flying into PJU airport.

Thanks!

-T

Bring frozen beef with no problem and I will provide you with all of the sex toys you need.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I would put them in your checked luggage. If you are coming from the US and flying into the DR the US will check your luggage first. It will get X-rayed there. They are legal in the US. You won't have a problem in the US.

I have NEVER had my luggage checked when I arrived into the DR.

When I left the DR they X-rayed my suit case but I was leaving.... and going back to the US. I've never had a problem there either.

If you have them with you and they check your luggage you are leaving and going to a place where they are legal.

I have seen them sold in the Capital so I would assume that they are legal.

I asked a TSA officer if they can tell what things are in your luggage. She said yes we can... I said EVERYTHING ???? She said yup, EVERYTHING ! I laughed.

BostonGuy

Apr 28, 2008
Thanks 2LeftFeet. Your response helps a lot. I just had this whole nightmare image of being pulled aside and asked to open my bags by a customs agent and have them freak out on us.

As for Mike's response, I am really not sure what to say. We have our own and prefer knowing exactly where they have been. LOL.

- t

BostonGuy

Apr 28, 2008
Wow, Tamborista, classy. Your original (unedited) post was very funny.

Yes, my fiance and I are a gay couple (and it is legal for us to marry in Boston).

We are very happy together and hope to stay that way. This is just our first real vacation and I want it to be wonderful for both of us.

- t

Last edited:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i heard of somoen who got busted YEARS ago at SDQ for toys. that had to be like 20 years ago...this person is quite old now.

Anyhoo...last year i got stopped here in the US. "business or pleasure"...i say pleasure he opens my bag and condoms go flying EVERYWHERE lol. I just looked and and said "i did say pleasure didnt I"

I cant think why one would have a problem...espcially if you are with your wife. good to ask in advance!

I have thought about bringing some "adult dvd's for my friend....but i am not sure how that works either.

Homosexuality is NOT illegal in DR.

pm me if you get some answers.

OOPS! just you are gay...that changes some things. the person who got arrested for a toy was a gay guy. two men with toys might certainly raise some eyes.

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Remove all batteries. Then print up little labels 'bulbless anti mosquito torch', 'shark repellant device' etc etc. Have a convincing line of patter in case there are any questions & practice saying it with a totally straight (forgive) face. ;) And relax, look bored & tired after your flight, not jumpy. If they are looking for anything here it is large amounts of cash (over the limit) & drugs.

AnnieInTheSky36

Feb 11, 2008
www.myspace.com
from a flight attendant

well I'm on the road alot and since I dont really want to sleep with a bunch of ppl around the whole world...lol I take (we in the industry call it) "portable electronic equipment" lol and can only be turned on once the seatbelt sign has been turned off. but to answer ur question I do take toys with me on trips and theres no problem just take out the batt. if its and electric toy. I have never had a problem at all.