sponsorship to canada....process postings from start to finish

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
hi,

I'm going to be sponsored by my husband to go Canada. in the guide it says i have to translate my documents to English or French. i' m going to do it with a notarized translator lawyer in Santiago. my question is, does it has to be legalize by la cancilleria de la republica ?

thank u for your help,

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Juan Sebastian Pichardo Castillo , Official interpreter of the circuit court of the city of Santiago, Dominican republic. He is the man.
His office is located in calle 2 Ensanche Roman primero. One minute walking from the city court ( palacio de justicia ).

JJ.

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
Time line sposonsorship to canada

today we are so happy cause we are looking how fast the process is doing. this is my time line so far:

Feb 19 docs sent to Mississauga

feb 21 2008 documents received

march 7 2008 start processing

March 17 decision made and letter sent and PR not available

march 19 letter received ( aprovado) and docs forw to Haiti

April 22, 2008. started processing PR application

castro

Jul 5, 2007
I was like you!!! I thought it was moving really fast.... then nothing for months. I hope it goes faster for you guys, because this is very straining on a relationship. Good luck. The first part of the process is quick, then it moves like a snail that barely can make it to the next part of the process...Actually I think the snail moves faster...lol

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
eve bebe00 - It looks like our timelines are really similar. I just came home from work and checked the CIC website and we moved to In Process today!

Here's my timeline so far:

February 29th - Documents sent to Mississauga
March 3rd - Documents Received
March 25th - Decision made and Letter sent out - papers sent to Haiti
April 24th - PR now says In Process - it says Haiti has now started processing our papers.

I am Sooooooooooo Happy tonight!!

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
happy for both of you

I am really happy for both of you. But this is what I was referring to Haiti not treating people equal. My application was sent to Haiti in Sept, first they tell my MP they did nto receive it until Feb today 8 month later the website finally says they started processing Jan 22nd. up until today it said not available, adn my client number still says unavailble, I used my husbands Bfile number. I wish the both of you the best of luck and keep us posted, it is good to hear good news every once in awhile

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
mart0417 - I know you must be really at the end of your rope with this highly emotional rollercoaster and my heart goes out to you!!
Keep positive - it will happen for you guys really soon - at least you now are seeing more progress than before.

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
thanks

thanks it is just really really frustrating, don't get me wrong I am happy it is going fast for you, I really am, but I have to wonder why they don't jsut treat us fair and follow the rules like they ar suppose to. I really hope you have a happy night I know if it was me I would be.

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
Lexi

Congrats...Just a thought though...Please make sure your husband (I assume) has an answering machine on his mobile phone. I would be terrible if he missed a call from the Embassy.

Please keep us posted on updates as I will regarding my wife.

The wait used to consume my life and was very draining. Now I try to focus on my marriage, family, charity work etc. I know it is frustrating but letting it control you is futile.

FYI

I run alittle chairty that takes baseball equipment and children's clothes to the DR. I travel to orphanages and poor towns to hand out what is donated in Canada. This has been one of the most life changing things I have ever done in my entire life. It has given me a new outlook on people and the way I choose to live...I suggest try it once. It is easy. Simply take a few hockey bags of gently used clothes to children in need. You will not regret it...

FM

(I am a strong believer in postive energy and thoughts and the good things that come from this...I know it is tough Mart with the situation you are in...but try...my heart goes out to you)

Johana

May 24, 2006
Mart,
I think my file is in the same pile as yours, Castro's and Marxsis' (the take forever pile).
I was approved in December and the website remains at "not available".

Caredb, Eve_Bebe and Lexi were all approved after me and have seen the website change to In Process. I also know of another case so that makes 4 after me. So I agree with you 100% that it's not fair. How is it that some files can change status in 4 weeks and others cannot in 20 weeks???

I completely understand that after they started processing each case will be different in the length of time to make the decision...but up to that point it should be according to their rules/laws which is that files are processed based on date of receipt. This is how it works in Mississauga for sponsor approval.

I am happy for everyone that has seen an update for their files :) Just wish mine was among them :(

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
thank you all for your wishes!!! :)
fireman i am the one in the DR and yes i will have the cell phone always with me :)
i am sorry for all of you that have had bad experience but as lexy said lets stay positive. i don't really understand why we have to go through this process with a country that is so poor and i don't really think that they even have DSL internet so maybe that is one of the reason they don't like to update :p; it seems that they do not follow a rule when they receive a doc, anyways is really scary to know that all your documents are there.
lets just pray so all of us can be with our family ..

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Eve,
trying to get something straight. Are you the one immigrating to Canada or your husband?

Thanks

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
hi anna,
i am the one immigrating, i am a doctor here in the Dominican, my husband is canadian and he works in a canadian bank company.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well that is so nice to hear from the person that is immigrating. Welcome and please keep posting your progress.

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
timeline update and B number

Sponsership application received Nov 13, 2007
I
n process Dec 6, 2007

Permanant Resident

In process Jan 30, 2008

May 14, Embassy asked for original documents but gave us a B number...
Original Birth Certifacate was requested

I will keep you updated

FM

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
thanks for the update fireman, i see that you have about six months in the process so hopefully you will end this pretty soon, good luck!
i still don't understand why is something common in haiti to ask for the same things you have sent before, which means spend more money in something you already did plus the cost of shipment.

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
originals

It sounds like most applicants are getting asked to send originals. Why don't they jsut ask for the originals in the application, instead of saying DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS.