Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any Starbucks Coffee in Dominican Republic?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are there any Starbucks Coffee in Dominican Republic?

Are there any starbucks coffee in Dominican Republic?

Post Thanks / Like

Are you nuts??? We have coffee here!! Not that watered down, stuff they call coffee and sell for $5 a cup....
    We have organic mountain grown, we have sun grown, we have it all!! Starbucks would not stand a chance here....

Starbucks???? HAHAHAHAHA

HB

3. Likes KJS73 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Are you nuts??? We have coffee here!! Not that watered down, stuff they call coffee and sell for $5 a cup....
    We have organic mountain grown, we have sun grown, we have it all!! Starbucks would not stand a chance here....

Starbucks???? HAHAHAHAHA

HB
    Off course dominican republic can have Starbucks...maybe they have one in Punta cana area.

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of one here. AND we do have far better coffee - although I would kill for a frappucino......

"Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

Starbucks???? HAHAHAHAHA

HB
    True, but the Brazilians also have great coffee, and plenty of it, yet Starbucks has no less than 8 locations in São Paulo. So who knows...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If a McDonalds, Burger King, TGIFs can make it here, so can a Starbucks. The price alone for a cup of java will prevent many dominicans from buying it and that's just fine for the status/society types. It will be status thing a place to be seen. The young hipsters will flock to it.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

HB why don't you open up a frozen coffee shop, mmmmm those are delicious, with delicious organic Dominican coffee.

Post Thanks / Like

Try the capuchino at Librería Cuesta in the Supermercado Nacional!!....

Icky poo!! I was stupid enough to try coffee in the States and I nearly vomited...it is so insipid....

I wonder what happened to the old Bar Colon on 30 de Marzo....everyone in town would wander through there in the morning for a cuppa and some conversation..

Times change, but I cannot see Dominicans, even stupid rich Dominicans paying RD$150 for a cup of coffee....or more...

We'll see....I am sure that there is someone here who already has the rights to a franchise...

HB

[B]M.A.R.[/B: What? Me work?? No way!!]

10. Likes RonS liked this post
    "Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

Icky poo!! I was stupid enough to try coffee in the States and I nearly vomited...it is so insipid....
    Yeah, afraid I agree. Even at Starbucks.

Which is why years ago I started asking friends and relatives coming from the DR or Brazil to bring me coffee instead of beer. What little beer they could bring me was usually gone in one night. The bags of coffee I could savor for weeks or months.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

So are there any places that make those frozen coffee drinks, here in the US is the best thing in the summer time, i like Dunking donuts' frozen coolatta.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast