This is too funnynot to post here

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is from today's New York Times?. I almost cried when i read it....Can you imagine this here, in the DR.??? This article, by David Stout begins....

WASHINGTON — Lurita A. Doan has been forced out as head of the General Services Administration, the federal agency that oversees billions of dollars in contracts and manages thousands of government-owned buildings.

In a stormy two-year tenure as the agency’s administrator, Ms. Doan was accused of improperly mixing government business with politics and of trying to steer government contracts to her friends. Democrats in Congress said she violated the Hatch Act, which makes it illegal for government employees to take action that could influence an election....
Much of the criticism of Ms. Doan came after it became known that on Jan. 26, 2007, a deputy to Karl Rove, then President Bush’s chief political adviser, gave a briefing to employees of her agency that identified Congressional Democrats the Republicans hoped to unseat in 2008, as well as Republican incumbents who seemed vulnerable.

For the rest of the article go see it at: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/01/w...50516-3HeWq6iqKjVj8dNazfVcQg&pagewanted=print

I can see the reverse happening here. Firing her for NOT getting contracts to the PLD membership!!! HO HO HO....

HB

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
My Dominican wife often points at such examples and exclaims "See! There is corruption, and nepotism, and contract steering even here in the US!"

To which I usually reply: "Yes, but at least here there is at least a chance that they'll get fired or jailed for it.":tired:

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
My Dominican wife often points at such examples and exclaims "See! There is corruption, and nepotism, and contract steering even here in the US!"

To which I usually reply: "Yes, but at least here there is at least a chance that they'll get fired or jailed for it.":tired:

Also any misapropriated funds can be recovered and assets can be taken to repay the depts. The fashion here seems to be you get caught then fired and go away to live a nice life in Miami.

Try and pay a policeman to wave a drink driving or speeding fine in the UK and see what happens........try not do this on the last day of your holiday as you will need plenty of time to find a good lawyer.

Skippy1